CISM Study Guide

compton2k15compton2k15 Posts: 22Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
I am going to take CISM in the first quarter of 2018. I bought the study guide this year (15th edition)
Does a new guide come out every year? If so, does the content change enough on a yearly basis where you have to buy the latest manual to pass the test? Or should I be ok to use the 15th ed. Obviously, I dont want to study the 15th and then have to also read the 16th.

TIA

Comments

• scankloudscankloud Posts: 47Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am going to take CISM in the first quarter of 2018. I bought the study guide this year (15th edition)
    Does a new guide come out every year? If so, does the content change enough on a yearly basis where you have to buy the latest manual to pass the test? Or should I be ok to use the 15th ed. Obviously, I dont want to study the 15th and then have to also read the 16th.

TIA

http://www.isaca.org/Certification/Pages/Exam-Registration.aspx

Buy the current Q&A for this ExAM
  • compton2k15compton2k15 Posts: 22Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    scankloud wrote: »
    Exam Registration

Buy the current Q&A for this ExAM
    I did do that a couple of months ago. Thanks
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Posts: 1,534Registered Members
    Make sure you know when the exam windows are...I don’t think it opens until May which isn’t in the first quarter.
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Registered Members
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Make sure you know when the exam windows are...I don’t think it opens until May which isn’t in the first quarter.

They have changed it to Feb 1st instead
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Posts: 329Registered Members
    Seeing that you already have CISSP, I don't think it will matter whether you study using the 15th or 16th ed. The QAE will be more than sufficient for you. icon_thumright.gif
    Three year plan: (2018 ) CISSP [X] and eJPT [ ]; (2019) eCPPT [ ]; (2020) OSCP [ ]