Passed the CISM exam!

mattster79mattster79 Posts: 135Member ■■□□□□□□□□
I provisionally passed the CISM exam today! Over the moon is an understatement!

I used two resources to study. Cybrary videos and the Q&A db. I attempted the Q&A questions 2,200 times. There are a 1,000 questions in the db so you can see I hit it quite hard. As I was going through the db I made notes on any answers/processes I didn’t understand. I did the same when watching the Cybrary videos.

Passing the CISSP exam 4 months definitely helped get me over the line.

Overall, I would say that the CISM exam was tougher than I was expecting tbh. The questions did align nicely with the content of the db though.

My advice for anyone studying for the exam is don’t underestimate the exam. However, if you are comfortable with the content in the db you’ll be fine.
CISSP
CISM

Comments

  • semsem010semsem010 Posts: 27Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    good news dear, my exam is next month, but just a note: my DB is 950 qes only not 1000 as u said???
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Senior Member Posts: 382Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! I'll be taking mine hopefully within December and I have been preparing for the exam on and off since October (as a colleague of mine puts it, life happens or gets in the way... icon_lol.gif).
    Three year plan: (2018) CISSP [X] and eJPT [ ]; (2019) eCPPT [ ]; (2020) OSCP [ ]
  • mattster79mattster79 Posts: 135Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    semsem010 wrote: »
    my DB is 950 qes only not 1000 as u said???

    Mine shows 1,001 questions. I purchased it in September.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • ay092017ay092017 Posts: 21Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done! Congrats!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Posts: 1,472Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations.

    My exam is on December 6th.

    Was the duration of the exam enough to finish all 200 questions and review them?

    Thanks
  • mattster79mattster79 Posts: 135Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    Congratulations.

    My exam is on December 6th.

    Was the duration of the exam enough to finish all 200 questions and review them?

    Thanks

    Plenty of time. I answered all questions, went back and reviewed my 20 or so flagged questions, re-reviewed some tricky questions and finished with around and hour to spare.

    Btw, it’s 150 questions not 200.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »
    Plenty of time. I answered all questions, went back and reviewed my 20 or so flagged questions, re-reviewed some tricky questions and finished with around and hour to spare.

    Btw, it’s 150 questions not 200.

    Thanks for the clarification, that's plenty of time then.
  • mattster79mattster79 Posts: 135Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    My exam is on December 6th

    How did you get on?
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Senior Member Posts: 382Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    While we're waiting for za3bour, I would like to share my experience...

    I took my exam last Friday (Dec 8th) and I honestly cannot remember whether I made it or not.

    Coming into the testing site, I got a message from my sister telling me that my mom was rushed to the hospital the night before without getting into details (which scared me). During the exam, the testing software restarted multiple times (I stopped counting at 10 (no exaggeration here), excluding the 2-3 instances where the desktop I'm using restarted due to BSOD (just imagine the frustration)). So by the time I completed the exam (and the survey), I just stood up without getting a chance to read the preliminary result, left the room, and took my stuff to ask for news on my mom. Thank goodness she's now okay.

    So now, I am anxiously waiting for the 10 business days to pass so I would know the result.
    Three year plan: (2018) CISSP [X] and eJPT [ ]; (2019) eCPPT [ ]; (2020) OSCP [ ]
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »
    How did you get on?

    I rescheduled till the 13th, I was doing a test and I only got 70% so i didn't feel confident taking it. Now I'm getting 90% which is much better.

    I couldn't finish the manual, I found it too boring and dull, I've used two online courses and the Q&A DB.

    I hope that it's enough. My exam is 6:30 PM I will update the thread.
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    While we're waiting for za3bour, I would like to share my experience...

    I took my exam last Friday (Dec 8th) and I honestly cannot remember whether I made it or not.

    Coming into the testing site, I got a message from my sister telling me that my mom was rushed to the hospital the night before without getting into details (which scared me). During the exam, the testing software restarted multiple times (I stopped counting at 10 (no exaggeration here), excluding the 2-3 instances where the desktop I'm using restarted due to BSOD (just imagine the frustration)). So by the time I completed the exam (and the survey), I just stood up without getting a chance to read the preliminary result, left the room, and took my stuff to ask for news on my mom. Thank goodness she's now okay.

    So now, I am anxiously waiting for the 10 business days to pass so I would know the result.

    Sorry to hear that about your mom, I hope that she is better now. It's really horrible to take the exam in such a terrible circumstances .
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »
    How did you get on?

    Passed today :D It took me 2 hours and 30 minutes to finish. I believe 4 hours is a LOT.
  • E Double UE Double U Posts: 1,541Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    Alphabet soup: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, CEH, etc

    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    E Double U wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    Thanks man
  • LionelbuzzLionelbuzz Posts: 9Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations za3bour...
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lionelbuzz wrote: »
    Congratulations za3bour...
    Thanks and good luck for all
  • czarulczarul Posts: 9Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Conduplicatio, so can you send me some material to study please marina dot mokotow at gmai l dot com
  • Masha.GalMasha.Gal Posts: 1Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »
    I provisionally passed the CISM exam today! Over the moon is an understatement!

    I used two resources to study. Cybrary videos and the Q&A db. I attempted the Q&A questions 2,200 times. There are a 1,000 questions in the db so you can see I hit it quite hard. As I was going through the db I made notes on any answers/processes I didn’t understand. I did the same when watching the Cybrary videos.

    Passing the CISSP exam 4 months definitely helped get me over the line.

    Overall, I would say that the CISM exam was tougher than I was expecting tbh. The questions did align nicely with the content of the db though.

    My advice for anyone studying for the exam is don’t underestimate the exam. However, if you are comfortable with the content in the db you’ll be fine.

    Hi and congrats!

    May I ask you which "Q&A db" you mean?

    thanks
    Masha
  • mattster79mattster79 Posts: 135Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Masha.Gal wrote: »
    Hi and congrats!

    May I ask you which "Q&A db" you mean?

    thanks
    Masha

    You can purchase a 12 subscription the Q&A db on the ISACA website.
    CISSP
    CISM
Sign In or Register to comment.