Passed!!!!

MiketiaMiketia Posts: 3Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the exam today!!!

As I went through the exam, I was surprised how the questions were more challenging in testing my knowledge than what I was accustomed to with the practice exams (Dale Gibson, CertBlaster, ComptTIA CertMaster & this site/forum). Especially the performance questions. Anyhow, through a process of elimination and relying on knowledge of the material presented from the above sources, I was able to pass the exam!

I studied Mon-Fri for 5-6 hours for 5 weeks and have no IT/network background and hold no other IT related certificates.

I read Comptia's Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals and Dale Gibson's book twice. I found Dale's coverage of the material and format was more beneficial. This site has also been very helpful and I appreciate the information provided!

CHEERS!

Comments

• Bjones1976Bjones1976 Posts: 20Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations ! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    Miketia wrote: »
    I passed the exam today!!!

As I went through the exam, I was surprised how the questions were more challenging in testing my knowledge than what I was accustomed to with the practice exams (Dale Gibson, CertBlaster, ComptTIA CertMaster & this site/forum). Especially the performance questions. Anyhow, through a process of elimination and relying on knowledge of the material presented from the above sources, I was able to pass the exam!

I studied Mon-Fri for 5-6 hours for 5 weeks and have no IT/network background and hold no other IT related certificates.

I read Comptia's Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals and Dale Gibson's book twice. I found Dale's coverage of the material and format was more beneficial. This site has also been very helpful and I appreciate the information provided!

CHEERS!
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,159Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • nisti2nisti2 Posts: 443Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass :D Whats next?
    2018 Year goals:
    CCNA Cyber Ops [Done!]
    Extra goals: VCP6-DCV [1%] , CCENT-CCNA [2%]
    "Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • MdaudMdaud Posts: 46Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    How many performance based questions for u?
  • MiketiaMiketia Posts: 3Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking that I will continue and get either a Network + or CCENT-CCNA certification.
  • MiketiaMiketia Posts: 3Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    There were three performance questions. The first question of the exam was the most challenging one of the three.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Stand-up Philosopher ZZ9ZZAPosts: 524Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! If you want to get into networking, I would suggest going the CCENT/CCNA route and avoid the Network+ route.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• c0mptiac0mptia Posts: 146Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 3,987Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Great job and good luck on next certs :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
  • MdaudMdaud Posts: 46Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats