Passed ICND2 tonight

jboogie81jboogie81 Posts: 29Member ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I have not posted much on these forums, mostly because any question i had was already asked in one way or another. But these forums were a great asset in the journey to CCNA. Thanks to everyone asking and answering questions!!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 3,989Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Posts: 1,453Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Posts: 378Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats I'll be working on this one for a while

how long did you study and did you have prior experience or home lab only
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • nisti2nisti2 Posts: 452Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! :D
    2019 Year goals:
    70 days challenge: CCENT [Booked for 27 of April]
    Willing to take: ITIL Foundation, 70-410
    "Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • mr.comfortablymr.comfortably Posts: 83Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I want to take mine before the new year, but I'm getting pretty nervous.
    Its getting close, any tips of what you did a few weeks prior to the test?

Thanks!
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Posts: 1,035Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    congrats! dont let your skills fade!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • jboogie81jboogie81 Posts: 29Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats I'll be working on this one for a while

how long did you study and did you have prior experience or home lab only

I work anywhere from 50-80hrs a wk and have a toddler at home with a 9mo pregnant wife, so it took me awhile. I passed ICND1 on July 3rd and ICND2 on Nov 30th. I have 2 Cisco 1921, one 2821, and two 2960 switches, but i used alot of GNS3, too.
  • NissekiNisseki Posts: 160Member
    Congrats!
  • dotPHdotPH Posts: 16Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    jboogie81 wrote: »
    I work anywhere from 50-80hrs a wk and have a toddler at home with a 9mo pregnant wife, so it took me awhile. I passed ICND1 on July 3rd and ICND2 on Nov 30th. I have 2 Cisco 1921, one 2821, and two 2960 switches, but i used alot of GNS3, too.

Congrats!
    I'm in the same situation, working for almost 50hrs a week + kids vs CCNA is tough. The only time time I have to study is early in the morning before I get to work. I'm scheduled in next couple of weeks for ICND1 and hopefully I'm ready by that time.

How's ICND2 exam? It is something you can take a month after you pass ICND1?

Btw, sorry kinda off topic... I sent you a private message.
  • hunterthuntert Posts: 231Banned
    congrats
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,163Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. what study methods did you use?
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Posts: 1,035Member ■■■■■□□□□□

Dude. Even bigger congrats! You changed not only your life, but THEIRS!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Posts: 923Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dude, that is no doubt a tough feat. I know the struggle. Great job on the perseverance, and the pass.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []