Is MCSA/MCSE for Win 2000 still valid?

W31RD0W31RD0 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Within the couses I have to take for my college there was a course that was designed to prepare students to take the 70-270 exam. However the book that was used for the course was This book. The problem is that the book isnt very new and deals with getting the certs for Windows 2000.

My question is, is MCSA/MCSE still valid? Microsoft seems to link to upgrading those certs so I am wondering if I should use another study source and strive for MCSA/MCSE in Win Server 2003.
Currently Working on my MCSA and the messaging and security specializations.
70-270: Passed

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    that link points to an XP book...how is that supposed to cover 2000?

and yes, the 2000 course is still valid but if you are starting out, it would make more sense to go for the 2003 track, seeing that the 2k track is, well, 6 years old...
    witty comment
  • W31RD0W31RD0 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    _omni_ wrote:
    that link points to an XP book...how is that supposed to cover 2000?

Because one of the core exams that can be taken for the MCSA/MCSE for Win 2000 is 70-270.
    _omni_ wrote:
    and yes, the 2000 course is still valid but if you are starting out, it would make more sense to go for the 2003 track, seeing that the 2k track is, well, 6 years old...

Would you say that using this source is still a good idea or should I look for study tools designed for 2003?
    Currently Working on my MCSA and the messaging and security specializations.
    70-270: Passed