CCNP Security Re-Certification Question

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey All,

I have a year and 2 weeks left to recert my CCNP Security. I'm currently working on the CCNP R/S. My question is, if I were to bang out one of the new CCNP Security test, like the 300-206 SENSS. Would that recert me for another 3 years?

According to what I have read it should, but just wanted to get some feed back from someone in the forum.

Thanks!
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Absolutely. It will renew for 3 years from the date you passed the 300-xxx exam

I guess the better question is why? 1 year is a long time for you to pass one of the CCNP R&S exams
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MitM wrote: »
    Absolutely. It will renew for 3 years from the date you passed the 300-xxx exam

I guess the better question is why? 1 year is a long time for you to pass one of the CCNP R&S exams

I have a lot on my plate for work. They want me to learn NetScalers and get certified. Between learning that, working on the CCNP R/S and two young kids at home. It's a lot and I know the year will fly by.

The recert with the SENSS is more of a plan B in the event I start running out of time. The last thing I want to happen is to lose all my certs I have worked my a$$ off for. A quick recert would give me more time.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    makes perfect sense!