Options

BS is complete!

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
I feel it is necessary to come back here (where it all started for me) and let those who helped me along the way know my Bachelors is about 9 days from being complete. My work is done, just have to sit back and watch the clock tick down!

Its a little preemptive, but my academic adviser just notified me a few minutes ago that the school accepted my CCNA R&S and applied it as credit towards my last two "IT Electives" to allow me to graduate in 2017!

When I started this degree 4 years ago I initially started working on an Associates in VMware Technologies (oh lord), then a few nice people here pointed out that may not be the best idea...and refocused me on a 4 year degree (I thought I may never complete it and felt more confident with the 2 year degree).

4 years ago a bachelors felt like something "smart" people achieved, and that I would be better served hustling my way into a job to get experience. Let me tell you, I DID BOTH.

You (whoever this applies to) can do it too.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on your new degree!! What is next for you? :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your degree! What college did you go with?
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Well done!
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @dakinggamer87 hammer down, OSCP.

I went to Baker College, local private college.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    way to go man! I'm feeling the burn too. So close!!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    nothimagainnothimagain Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the degree. im actually about to start working on mine as a full time student and full time job while studying for my CCNP on the side. not sure how hard or possible this will be . Congrats again though