70-411 Policies

jertsyjertsy Posts: 14Member ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I am sitting 70-411 on 18th December and I was wondering if anyone got an easy way of remembering the difference between Network Policies and connection request policies? Just when I think I have it, I get a question on my Measure Up tests that trips me up.

Many thanks.

Comments

  • PseudonymPseudonym Senior Member Posts: 314Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    ..How much have you labbed NPS? Stuff like that should really be second nature at this point.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I
    Working on - Linux+
  • jertsyjertsy Posts: 14Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    ..How much have you labbed NPS? Stuff like that should really be second nature at this point.

    I have it setup in my lab, I just find this particular feature difficult to learn I guess, it just does not stick in my head as well as other stuff. I have almost a couple of weeks, I will keep going with it.

    Cheers
  • PseudonymPseudonym Senior Member Posts: 314Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    I labbed NPS a LOT. It's definitely one of the harder features to get your head around, but it will eventually make sense. Just keep building up your lab and tearing it down again.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I
    Working on - Linux+
  • jertsyjertsy Posts: 14Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, will do.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Posts: 487Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same here just been playing around with it now... Sooooo confusing some times..

    by the way how did the exam go? Any tips on what to look out for?
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

    My Goal for the Future
    2018 - *MCSA* / 2019 - *Security+*
    2019 - *CEH* / 2020 - * Pen Tester*
  • jertsyjertsy Posts: 14Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    Same here just been playing around with it now... Sooooo confusing some times..

    by the way how did the exam go? Any tips on what to look out for?

    Hi, I failed, second time now. The first time I took the exam I wasn't ready but I had a voucher and I thought I would give it a go, I got 630. the second time I studied hard for a few weeks, I was getting 90+ % on measureup and labbing with pluralsight etc... and I got 570, to say I'm deflated is an understatement icon_cry.gif. I knew the exam was going sideways as there was stuff in there that I just hadn't come across before like unix DNS integration, bitlocker clustered disks etc.. I have done nothing for a couple of weeks now as my motivation has gone but I guess I need to get back on the horse again as I cant give up.
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Senior Member KC, KS, USAPosts: 285Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    This me being paranoid, I'm sure, but I am convinced that Microsoft has hard test question pools and easy test question pools. I have gone in for exams and been completely floored about the content. I have gone in other times for the same test and it felt easy and none of the same questions were on the test.

    It sounds like to me you got the hard one specifically. DNS integration is a strange topic and one that isn't often touched on. The secret there is the bind secondaries in the Advanced tab. For Bitlocker, I will be honest with you, I don't even remember bitlockering clustered disks even being an objective.

    Keep trying. Its worth it to finish. Sometimes the content is all over the place and that alone is confusing.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • jertsyjertsy Posts: 14Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    poolmanjim wrote: »
    This me being paranoid, I'm sure, but I am convinced that Microsoft has hard test question pools and easy test question pools. I have gone in for exams and been completely floored about the content. I have gone in other times for the same test and it felt easy and none of the same questions were on the test.

    It sounds like to me you got the hard one specifically. DNS integration is a strange topic and one that isn't often touched on. The secret there is the bind secondaries in the Advanced tab. For Bitlocker, I will be honest with you, I don't even remember bitlockering clustered disks even being an objective.

    Keep trying. Its worth it to finish. Sometimes the content is all over the place and that alone is confusing.

    Thanks I will keep going, it makes sense while the content is fresh in my head icon_thumright.gif.
Sign In or Register to comment.