Options

Linux Academy is it worth it to subscribe?

2»

Comments

• Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've used Linux Academy for a few years now, and I've found them to be very satisfying. I've picked up and dropped PluralSight, played around with A Cloud Guru and IT Pro TV, but I've always been able to use LA pretty regularly. It helps that I just happen to be sort of their target (Linux, security, cloud...). That said, after getting through some additional cloud certs soon, I'm not sure what will be left. I did like PluralSight, but just found I didn't want to keep 2-3 learning subs up at one time (I also use Pentester Academy, but that's a bit more niche).

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LA was worth it for me, I was able to get my LPI Linux essentials almost exclusively by studying their course. I know essentials is a fairly easy cert but the pace at which I was able to pass it was much quicker than say self-study and books alone. Sure it may not address every single situation in IT or specialized scenarios, What site or book does? But LA will teach you many useful things. 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration