Certification Goals for 2018

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MCSE is all I have planned!! That will give me plenty to do :)

Nice! lol that will give you some free time.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    Ccent ->>ccna->> ccna cyber opps.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For now:
    CCNA Cyber Ops
    CCNA RS

All the best! :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Goals for 2018.
    1. Attend and pass CCNA Cyber Ops.
    2. Spend more time, 4 x1 hour at the gym minimum. Get back into shape.
    3. Spend more time with my family. Play and go out to playground more.
    4. Take one trip overseas.
    5. Approach every day with positive vibes.
    6. Listen to 100s of motivational videos to complete all of the above.
    7. Develop myself in different areas, random, various avtivities.

Need to add in the gym definately for my self as well
    :

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Come hell or high water: CCIE Security. Lab scheduled for 1/11
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA CyberOps, possibly CISSP, possibly would also renew RHCE ahead of schedule (still have time till early 2019)
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great to see so many motivated people! CCNA Cyber Ops for me as I'm in Cohort 5. Then I'll go after CCNA R&S. However, I will evaluate R&S efforts after I've gotten the Cyber Ops.
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Learned my lesson last year and be more realistic this year...

1. GIAC GLEG (523)
    2. GIAC GPEN
    3. Maybe CISSP or OSCP
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    This was supposed to be a big certification-year for me, but alas I ended up getting sidelined by a new job and a bunch of things in my personal life. For 2018, though, my new job is providing both training classes and reimbursement for my certs, so I feel a bit more encouraged to hit the books. I want to knock out 70-533 to earn my MCSE before the end of 2017, but here's what's on my plate for next year:
    - -
    I'm also going to be developing a bunch of skills outside of cert-paths like hammering down new features in PowerShell, working extensively with Git and Github, and a digging into a bunch of other devops topics. I expect to go gray within the first quarter of the next fiscal year.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Not proud to say I'm still working on my goal for 2017, and I believe many of us are in the same predicament. In case someone is looking for the 2017 thread, here it is: Certification Goals for 2017

I hope to finish my RHCE no later than Q2, and I do not plan on pursuing more cert until after I find a new job that demands more certs. A new job is also a desirable goal for 2018.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CISA and GPEN plus more work on Dutch.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • alert_1alert_1 Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    In TechExams December tradition, what are your certification goals/plans for 2018? Also if not certifications, what courses or self taught goals are you planning?

Here is my list.

Certifications: eCPPT, OSCP
    Training/Courses: Silent Break Security - DSO2, SpecterOps - Adversary Tactics - Red Team Operations or Active Directory.
    Self Taught/Improvement: Python, Powershell

As always subject to change icon_thumright.gif

If you enjoyed DSO1, you will LOVE DSO2.

As for me, I'll probably knock out the OSCP and OSCE this year.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Ccent ->>ccna->> ccna cyber opps.

You got this bro let me know if I can help on Cisco side. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    How much do the Silent Break Security Courses cost? I didn't want to email them and subsequently get hammered with spam for all eternity(I already made that mistake with infosec institute lol)
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • alert_1alert_1 Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    McxRisley wrote: »
    How much do the Silent Break Security Courses cost? I didn't want to email them and subsequently get hammered with spam for all eternity(I already made that mistake with infosec institute lol)

They are typically taught at BlackHat and other conferences so the price ranges from $3k to $4k I believe, depending on how early you register.

They aren't a training factory like Infosec Institute, they are consultants who teach some of the techniques they use on a daily basis in their engagements so I doubt you'd get any spam from them :)
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PMP, CSM, MCSA (Dynamics), AWS

Begin Python or Javascript journey
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CSA+ and then OSCP. On the fence about a CISA before the end of next year as well.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • RinzlerRinzler Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2018:
    - ISC2 CAP, CISSP
    - Hit the gym to get back into shape, Dress Better for Success
    - Learn SQL Server plus SQL, Improve using Powershell
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Rinzler wrote: »
    2018:
    - ISC2 CAP, CISSP
    - Hit the gym to get back into shape, Dress Better for Success
    - Learn SQL Server plus SQL, Improve using Powershell

That's a good first post.
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Rinzler wrote: »
    Dress Better for Success

yeah...
    this also in my plans - from March/April 2018
    "dress according to the position you want to be"
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To take care of the CCIE R/S.
  • securityorcsecurityorc Member Posts: 58 ■■■□□□□□□□
    - LFCS (this was a goal for 2017, but had to postpone it). Have to check this by March
    - OSCP - no more drooling at this, I am going to start it after I go through my preparation checklist. Goal is to root all machines in the lab before registering for the exam

Work might throw some other certs my way, which I will pursue outside these 2 main objectives. One of them is CISSP, but I am far from the experience requirements. Hoping for a GCIH icon_study.gificon_study.gif
  • HCPS123HCPS123 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I want my CCNA by June, minimal of CCNENT. By the end of 2018 I definitely want my full CCNA cert as well as CEH (if I decide to get it, still on the fence) and CCNA: Security.

I would also like the prefect chocolate milkshake :D
  • knapaxeknapaxe Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looking forward to starting MCSA, either Server 2012 or Server 2016 depending on how a possible promotion goes. Also planning to sit ICND2, Project+, and ITIL Foundations. May start into WGU for the IT Management program. I've been looking for work in Orlando but found out last week I'm on a shortlist for a promotion as a supervisor at another facility resigned. Depending on that promotion, I may have to work a Red Hat cert into my schedule.
  • whitergwhiterg Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For 2018 :

1. Put on hold the CCDE written exam (Forever ?)
    2. PLC,Automation college certificates (ended very soon)
    3. Wireless multi-vendors certifications.
    4. MSCE mobility
    5. CTT+ (theory)
    6. eCPPT
    7. Going to a CISCO Live event (First one) .
  • Masked_KingMasked_King Banned Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Within 2 months *after* you take an exam (doesn't matter if you pass or fail), you will forget everything and I mean everything, if you do not use it. It cracks me up how people list their certs under their name as if they own all that information they passed, it's a fallacy, a misnomer and the biggest balderdash known to man.

For 2018, I am going to put quality, yes quality in 1 cert, just one and focus on that so I can commit information long-term and truely be an asset to whatever it is I am doing, not just to stroke my ego and claim a cert I got that is no longer relevant to anything it is I am doing.

2018 goal: put QUALITY into something so I can truely claim it forever and not just artifically.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Within 2 months *after* you take an exam (doesn't matter if you pass or fail), you will forget everything and I mean everything.
    I still remember some of the things I learned back in high school (Technical - Industrial electronics) almost 20 years ago.

If you study to learn, even if you forget it, it will be really easy for you to recall the information later, if you study to pass then yes you will forget everything 2 weeks after you pass the exam.
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The last certification exam I took was on 12/30/16, which was the Palo Alto PCNSE 7

2018 I plan to learn a lot about R&S/SP to start my CCDE journey. Maybe along the way I'll take the PCNSE 8 and maybe CCDA.
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My cert goals for this year as I got none last year.... (long story)

1. AWS Security associate
    2. eJPT
    3. CCNA
    4. OSCP
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Within 2 months *after* you take an exam (doesn't matter if you pass or fail), you will forget everything and I mean everything, if you do not use it. It cracks me up how people list their certs under their name as if they own all that information they passed, it's a fallacy, a misnomer and the biggest balderdash known to man.

For 2018, I am going to put quality, yes quality in 1 cert, just one and focus on that so I can commit information long-term and truely be an asset to whatever it is I am doing, not just to stroke my ego and claim a cert I got that is no longer relevant to anything it is I am doing.

2018 goal: put QUALITY into something so I can truely claim it forever and not just artifically.

Keep your own personal limitations to yourself and your own career. You do not speak for anyone here but yourself. Good luck with your one cert, the rest of us have bigger goals.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX