Options

Certification Goals for 2018

Comments

• Options
    cert_kingcert_king Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am sorry everyone truth is I am jealous I am not a big dog not even a pup I am a cat (you can make up the jokes). I wish a goal for me was CISSP I can not even spell it. My goal is to follow in your footsteps and one day talk to an IT manager.

Also the people giving me bad rep and saying nasty things please stop we need to build each other up not say nasty things that hurt my feelings.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How is this tr. oll account still active?
  • Options
    NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    CCIE DC for 2018
  • Options
    cert_kingcert_king Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How is this tr. oll account still active?

Why am I a *****? Because I do not agree with you? I say one thing you moan I say another you complain.

Maybe a goal for 2018 for you should be to let other people have a different opinion from you and to be more caring.
  • Options
    jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    cert_king wrote: »
    Why am I a *****? Because I do not agree with you? I say one thing you moan I say another you complain.

Maybe a goal for 2018 for you should be to let other people have a different opinion from you and to be more caring.

What makes you a *****? Mostly statements like these:
    cert_king wrote:
    Leave security to the experienced big dogs please.
    cert_king wrote:
    The CISSP use to mean you were a experienced security manager now it means for the last few years you re-set someones password and run a virus scan or even worse your mate just signed the forms to say you done that.

The pups need to stay with the Security+.
    cert_king wrote:
    All the support guys or techies this is not a cert for you move on, this is big dog stuff not head in a computer not able to translate tech to the business then complaining they do not know anything.
    cert_king wrote:
    You make some good points, assuming you are a PA for a security manager?

And that is just this thread...
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    cert_king wrote: »

See jibtech's reply. It's not a matter of disagreeing in a mature manner. You were condescending trying to provoke people instead of stimulating any sort of intelligent debate. For someone telling "pups" to leave it to "the big dogs," you seem to have some pretty poor communication and reading comprehension skills for a "big dog." Like I told you under your previous screenname, you don't get gold stars in real life for being an ass on the internet.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    LOL, thank you jibtech.

Talking down to people and acting very arrogant then say other people should learn treat others better? Hard to take this person even a little serious. Usually tr.olls attempt to be a little funny, this one is just getting kind of awkward though.
  • Options
    PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CISSP
    CCNA-CyberOps
    CCNP-Security
    CISM

I'm also trying to finish up my PhD dissertation in (fingers crossed) Fall 2018... so maybe CAPM if I have time left...

Excited for 2018 though!
  • Options
    jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    No thanks necessary.

As an experienced security manager (who recently took and passed the CISSP exam), I have learned a few things about corrective actions.

1. There should be specific, measurable guidelines in place.

2. Examples of behaviors, that are contrary to those rules, should be clear and concise. They must be concrete examples of the unacceptable behavior.

3. Requested corrective actions should be achievable.

4. Success in meeting those corrective actions should be acknowledged.

To that end....

1. Don't be an ass.

2. See above for examples of having been an ass.

3. Don't be an ass any longer.

4. I am still waiting....

My soft skills. Don't be jealous. :)
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    For Jibtech:

BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For Jibtech:

icon_lol.gif

sigh....sadly on a very simple topic, we had to educate someone in here on proper forum etiquette.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    ratherunique17ratherunique17 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm just a Masters student with a focus in cybersecurity. Then, my Bachelors is non-IT/CMPS related. So, I'm just trying to get my foot in the store, Anyway-

COMPTIA A+ (late January)
    COMPTIA Network+ (sometime in March)
    COMPT TIA Security+ (sometime before May)
    Maybe a Microsoft certification if possible as well.

Why the rush? Well, I graduate in late May.

Bonus-
    Coding Goals: SQL (Progressing). Then, Javascript & Python (already have basic experience) before graduation.
    2015- BA
    2018-
    MA (Cybersecurity & Government affairs concentrations)
    2018:
    (A+, Sec+, Net+/CCENT for Certs) (Python,& SQL.Maybe C Programming)
    Later: (TBA Certs.)(Ruby, Assembly Programming)
    More School?: MSc in Computer Science. Georgia Tech's Online Masters (2019/2020)
  • Options
    ratherunique17ratherunique17 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ha, *foot in the door. I mean (I can't edit).
    2015- BA
    2018-
    MA (Cybersecurity & Government affairs concentrations)
    2018:
    (A+, Sec+, Net+/CCENT for Certs) (Python,& SQL.Maybe C Programming)
    Later: (TBA Certs.)(Ruby, Assembly Programming)
    More School?: MSc in Computer Science. Georgia Tech's Online Masters (2019/2020)
  • Options
    abhisheksenatorabhisheksenator Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Togaf, cisa, emc vmax
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    2018 Goals:

CISSP
    CSSP
    OCSP
    CCDA|CCDP
  • Options
    FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    My 2018 goals:

1.Finish my MSc in Network Security

2. Get a cloud based networking job

3. Focus on learning VMware NSX
  • Options
    adam9870adam9870 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My 2018 goals:

1. Pass 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 (originally planned for 2017 but moved to 11 January 2018 )
    2. Pass 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014

Maybe: 70-740 (Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016) or 70-345 (Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016) or 70-698 (Installing and Configuring Windows 10) or RHCSA or ITIL.

Private plan: more often go to squash.

Cheers! :)
  • Options
    TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNP Collaboration
    CCNP Routing & Switching
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Get my CISA and that is probably it for the year (potentially the next 2-3 years as well depending).

Depending on how some information I heard plays out, I may go for one other (besides the CISA) in 2018 as it would mean some more $$.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wish I could stick to my plan but it always changes...

Cloud: At least 2-4 AWS certs

Security: OSCP and CISSP

Misc: RHCE and maybe start a masters?
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The ISACA Holy Trinity: CISM/CISA/CRISC although I might straw away and get the PMP (the list is in no particular order).

Cheers,
    DZA_
  • Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hopefully I will get a chance to take my PMP next year.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CSA+ and possibly Citrix CCA.
  • Options
    DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So I came here for some inspiration since I felt like I was lazy the past few months and was having difficulties deciding what direction to go into for the new year. Now that I've been slightly amused by the derailment of this thread (much respect to those that helped get it back on track) . I still find myself having some debates mainly because CEH was a part of my 2017 goals and I haven't achieved it yet. I'm wondering if I should drop it for awhile and refocus on Linux certs (LPIC-2 or the RHCSA track). Right now I'm kind of at the crossroads of I don't want to give up on something I started and starting over fresh. I do eventually want to go for the OSCP but I don't think it will make my 2018 list. I think I will gravitate towards Python (no cert if one even exists), throw some SQL in there and now would be a good time to start thinking about CISM since I believe the next opportunity for testing would be in June. I still have a few more days to ponder and maybe get a few ideas from this thread other than not to mess with Iris icon_lol.gif
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
  • Options
    techiemanagertechiemanager Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2018 Goals:
    TOGAF, CCSK, CISM in order
    If schedule permits, then will squeeze in CISSP
  • Options
    ArkrainArkrain Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2018 Goals:
    Renew VCP with the exam 2V0-621D (VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam).
    Study for the CCNA Data Center.
    Maybe some Microsoft certification or Dell EMC certification.
  • Options
    akegiaakegia Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCNP (Route-Tshoot)
    CCDA
    CCDP
    Security+ & Linux+

If there is time and I feel up to it, CCNA DC
  • Options
    Greg2822Greg2822 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2018 Goals:

SSCP
    CCNA: Cyber Ops
    WCNA
    CSA+
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, here goes: ITIL CSI, ITIL OSA, CASP, CCNA: Cyber Ops. If I have time, CCNA: R&S.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA: R&S (March)
    eCPPT (June)
    eWPT (August)
    PTX or OSCP

I failed the OSCP a few years ago... hoping to be able to pass it this time