Certification Goals for 2018

Comments

• lamont29lamont29 Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My 2018 goals are the CISSP, CCNA & MCSE!

Gitter' done!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well I got in on this late. Right now I'm planning on taking the SANS 508 course and then study for GCFA certification. Other than that, I really need to get back to learning more about and Linux, as well as spend more time on Python.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    -CCNP R&S - This is a goal that was rolled over from last year.

-Learn PowerShell: This is mainly to learn a new skill and try to make some painfully boring things not take as long.

-Learn Python: I mainly want to learn this just because it seems like a useful skill to have.

-Find a new job: Not really a certification goal, but I’m listing it anyways. Long story short, I was given a promotion without a pay increase. I was told they would try to get me more money, but we all know that’s pretty much lip service until it happens(which it hasn’t.) I’m more hands off than before, so I’m not really getting the benefit of increased technical experience. Finally, I’m about 99% sure that other people in the same role as me with less of a daily workload are getting paid at least 20k more than me.
  • meni0nmeni0n Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just passed the SSCP on the 28th. For this year, I am looking to do CSA+, CEH and then most likely try for the CISSP. I also doing FOR610 through work at the end of January but I am not sure if work would cover the certification price. If they do, I would try to do the GREM as well.
  • djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    - MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructure
    - MCSA: Office 365

Break :D
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In order of completion:

OSCP (exam in 8 days time)

CISSP - just started listening to MP3s... won't do anymore until OSCP is out the way (hopefully soon)

MCSA

Half tempted by the CCNA but honestly no idea where to start and networking is a weak area of mine.

End of 2018 - get a new job.
    My Aims
    2017: OSCP -
    COMPLETED
    2018: CISSP -
    COMPLETED
    2019: GIAC GNFA - Advanced Network Forensics & Threat Hunting -
    COMPLETED
               GIAC GREM - Reverse Engineering of Malware -
    COMPLETED

2021: CCSP
    2022: OSWE (hopefully)
  • xengorethxengoreth Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll be extremely happy with the first four, ecstatic with five:
    • Finish WGU
    • CCNA Cyber Ops (Cohort 5)
    • CASP or CISSP
    • Renew VCP
    • CCNP R/S
    2018 Goals: CCNP R/S, VCP6-NV
  • crimsonavengercrimsonavenger Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Linux+
    AWS Architect
    CCNA Cloud
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm just trying to finish some stuff I started last year. My last three classes for the WGU degree, and CCNP Routing and Switching. I'll worry about new goals once those are done.
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is a very motivating thread - thanks for all the input, folks!

I'm looking at:

CCNA (ICND2)
    Sec+
    CCNA Cyber Ops
    CCNA Security
    CWTS

(not necessarily in that order)
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • relegatedrelegated Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA Cyber Ops CISSP ...preferably before the end of the Summer. Then hopefully done with certs for good.
    My cyber ops is in April, hope to finish CISSP first and would like to be done as well.
  • Eightn9neEightn9ne Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've got AWS training coming up at the end of this month which also comes with an exam 'boot camp' experience so I'm hoping to get my AWS Solutions Architect cert done so all up, I've got three I'm hoping to get done.

* AWS Solutions Architect
    * VCP6 2V0-621 - VMware Certified Professional 6 exam is in my sights at the moment
    * 70-413 - MCSE (Currently got MCSA Server 2012)

*EDIT*

Make it 4. CCNA R&S! :D
  • FreeguyFreeguy Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This year I plan on getting back to my wired roots and diversifying my skill set a bit. Right now I'm primarily a wireless guy, but more and more of my conversations are around WAN and Firewall tech.

Set to take the CCNP Switch exam by mid February, and then sitting the ACDX in March. After that I'll be brushing back up on L3 stuff with CCNP Route. Honestly, I'll be happy if I make it that far in 2018.

The CCNP will give me a solid set of baseline knowledge to pull from. After CCNP I hope to take a break from certifications for a bit and read up on general topics, like automation through Ansible or BGP EVPN or Segment Routing.
  • josephbutlerjosephbutler Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I plan on taking the ISACA CISM exam on the 2nd of February 2018. My study materials will be the Cybrary.IT course and some reading of the COBIT documents. In addition, I will be looking through the ISACA CISM Study Group: http://www.isaca.org/Groups/Professional-English/cism-exam-study-community-2013/Pages/Overview.aspx I tend to research topics individually, so Wikipedia and white papers will be my secondary source.
  • ClevernamehereClevernamehere Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd like to do the AWS Big Data Specialty and SA-Pro this year to give me a nice even 6 on AWS certs. Also maybe do the Docker and Kubernetes exams (either way I'll probably do some kind of training there to brush up my container knowledge).
  • ccvp45ccvp45 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Certification Goals 2018: Pass SSCP, Start studying for CCDE written
  • skyberxskyberx Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    planning to take cisa
  • peteddypeteddy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Certifications: CompTIA - A+ & Sec+
    Training/Courses/Exam: CEH and CISSP
    Personal Study: Python, Power shell, Ruby
  • bluewarlord8bluewarlord8 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A+ 901/902, Possibly Net +, Sec+, CCNA Routing and Switching - I have about 9 months or more.
    Certs: CompTIA A+, MTA: Server Admin, CCST - Networking & Azure Fundamentals.
  • cochi78cochi78 Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bit late to the party, but nonetheless:

AWS Big Data Specialty, remaining four Chef Badges, CASP, LPIC-OT.
  • ArkrainArkrain Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Arkrain wrote: »
    2018 Goals:
    Renew VCP with the exam 2V0-621D (VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam).
    Study for the CCNA Data Center.
    Maybe some Microsoft certification or Dell EMC certification.

At the moment I have renewed the VCP to the VCP6.5-DCV and in three weeks I am going to the beta test of Azure Stack.
    Yesterday I started with the study of the CCNA Data Center.
  • roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Goals for 2018 are CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CySA+, CASP, and Project+. No pressure, right?
  • geeksquad09geeksquad09 Member Posts: 177
    Goals for 2018 are Security +,CCNA,CCNP, MCSA
    Currently Studying for Network+, Server+, and Security+

The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before
  • technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNA Security & Cyberops

then leave my hellhole of a gulag helpdesk job for something in networking
  • N7ValiantN7Valiant Member Posts: 363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MCSA Windows Server 2016

1 month into the IT field, no prior experience working with servers.

Ambitious?
    OSCP
    MCSE: Core Infrastructure
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+ CE
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    N7Valiant wrote: »
    MCSA Windows Server 2016

1 month into the IT field, no prior experience working with servers.

Ambitious?

Not at all, better to have your sights set too high than too low. Plenty of people totally skipped the phase where they were helpdesk in a large firm, instead starting as a one-man team in a smaller shop.
  • JoveJove Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISSP and PMP.
  • sajag83sajag83 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructure (70-532, 70-533 and 70-535)

then start the AWS solutions architect certification in November
  • OnitaOnita Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCENT/CCNA. I've been way too lax and need to further my career.
  • backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Finish up the MCSA Server 16 and hopefully hit 70-744 (Securing Server '16) as an elective to the MCSE. If I finish that, 70-695 to get the MCSE in the Win 10 track, although it seems like MS is trying to phase that one out.

2019- Start some other vendors certs??
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +