Options

Certification Goals for 2018

Comments

• Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking something along the lines of:

CCSP
    TOGAF 9
    F5: CA (101 & 201) - Only if there's still time in the year.
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    sharpy56sharpy56 Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA: CyberOps
    CCNA: Security
    Linux+
    CISSP
    Learn some python + possibly start on CCNP R/S
  • Options
    phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Linux +
    CCNA: CyberOps
    CCent/CCNA
  • Options
    neoharishneoharish Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CRISC, CISSP, CISM

All heavy weights, recently changed my domain into Infosec and getting into the groove !!
  • Options
    NewbBrandonNewbBrandon Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know that I am late but I want to get the following.

SSCP, Security+ and Maybe PenTest+

I want to start my BS in Cyber Security at WGU!!!
  • Options
    grokdesignsgrokdesigns Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First post. Passed CEH and CISSP so far in 2018. AWS-SAA exam scheduled for next Monday. Other goals for this year are OSCP, CCNA-Security, and starting my BS in Cyber Security and Information Assurance at WGU in July.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
  • Options
    johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNP, studying for 5 months so far...
  • Options
    RussInGothamRussInGotham Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber Ops (completed yesterday,) and either WCNA or CCNA Security.
  • Options
    mrkdiskmrkdisk Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA Cyber Ops & OSCP
  • Options
    Shinjusn0wShinjusn0w Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    half the year is gone.

Starting to better myself with self study of

CCENT
    /
    CCNA
    Wish my luck!
  • Options
    PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How are you all financing your certs?
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Panther wrote: »
    How are you all financing your certs?

Well I am lucky enough that my boss pay all certification exam, he allow me to put some of my expense(book or udemy training) in my expense report. However before that, I set a certification goal, prepare my study, and set a time objective. Then I saved the money before the exam based on my time objective. That way, if I failed the exam, I would not have a debt to pay on my credit card. It would allow me to begin the process again.
  • Options
    rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITIL, AWS cloud practitioner & CISM
  • Options
    ArkrainArkrain Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Arkrain wrote: »
    At the moment I have renewed the VCP to the VCP6.5-DCV and in three weeks I am going to the beta test of Azure Stack.
    Yesterday I started with the study of the CCNA Data Center.

I failed the Azure Stack exam 70-537.
    I pass the 70-703 (Administering Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration) exam, that is closer to my current tasks.
    At the moment I leave the Datacenter certification on hold.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I still haven't gone back to the 2017 thread to see how I did. My list for 2018:

Certifications: TOGAF, CCSK, CCSP, AWS CSA, EJPT, OSCP (this makes it every year its seems).
    Training/Courses: Some sort cloud/cloud security architecting courses, pentesting courses, computer science and relevant math courses
    Self Taught/Improvement: Python

So far I've done the AWS CCP (in lieu of AWS CSA), and about to take the CCSK. Had read the whole book for CCSP and started practice exams and then decided not to pursue it or the TOGAF when I got my new position. Will be starting in on eJPT soon. There's still hope of knocking out most of my list this year.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JonathanWBelleJonathanWBelle Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, better late then Never. My Plan was to get Comptia Network + , which I did get . I passed this past end of July. I was also trying to go for The Comptia Server + cert. I actually was doing some reading and it appears the Cisco CCENT is very Similar to the Network + in topics.
    So I've decided to hold off on The Server + and go for the CCENT which will likely lead me in to 2019. After that I will go back for the Server +.
    Any one take the Server + or CCENT?
  • Options
    Sheiko37Sheiko37 Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm definitely late on this, but writing it down helps solidify the goals rather than just floating vague ideas.
    • Udemy - Learn How To Code: Google's Go (Golang) Programming Language
      • Write a small offensive tool in Go, and/or upgrade some existing ones
    • The Hacker Playbook 3
    • eLearnSecurity - Threat Hunting Professional
    (If THP goes well then...)
    • FOR578: Cyber Threat Intelligence (November 12th)
      • (SEC617: Wireless Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking, next likely possibility but not in Oceania)
      • (SEC564: Red Team Operations and Threat Emulation, also not in Oceania)
      • (SEC599: Defeating Advanced Adversaries - Purple Team Tactics & Kill Chain Defenses, possibility October Singapore or Canberra March 2019)
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    PC509 wrote: »
    CCNA:CyberOps (thanks Cisco for the opportunity with the scholarship for this one!); CISSP (I'm damn close to be ready for this one!); eJPT (been practicing a lot with HackTheBox and Vulnhub boxes); ITIL Foundations (work requirement).

I want to renew my CCNA: Security as it already lapsed. If I have time for the CCNA: R&S and the CCNA: Sec, I'll go for it.

2018 I really invest in my certs and learning. Trying to focus more on the security aspect a bit more (already have some security certs and experience, but not directly security related, just sys admin stuff that deals with security - access controls, physical and logical security, firewalls, policies, audits, etc..). Security is the big trendy area now, and it's a good time to take advantage of that.

CCNA: CyberOps - Done
    CISSP - Done
    eJPT - currently working on.
    eCPPT - won this one at a webinar for eLearnSecurity, so it's a new goal this year. :)
    ITIL Foundations - currently working on. I heard it wasn't that bad of a cert, the material is just dry. I'll probably do this early October after cramming with a book and a few videos.

Not going to do the CCNA: Security this year. I'll hit it next year. I think after those, I'll be good this year. :)
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm basically new

A+
    Net+
    Sec+
    Linux+
    V/R

• Options
    PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    70-698
    70-697

Starting up on certs again.
    Last time I done them was many years ago.
    Posting here to look back.

First is 70-698:
    Read book every day, following a schedule.
    Ensure I'm hitting topics per MS 70-698 outline.
    Practice on labs
    View videos
    Take practice exams
    Goal is to complete study in 2 months (Sept-Oct)
    Then schedule for exam
    If I pass, repeat process for 70-697
    Complete both exams by Jan/Feb next year.
    Hoping I stay on track.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I still haven't gone back to the 2017 thread to see how I did. My list for 2018:

Certifications: TOGAF, CCSK, CCSP, AWS CSA, EJPT, OSCP (this makes it every year its seems).
    Training/Courses: Some sort cloud/cloud security architecting courses, pentesting courses, computer science and relevant math courses
    Self Taught/Improvement: Python

So far so good I guess. Knocked out the CCSK and instead of AWS CSA I did this AWS CCP. I'm working on the CCSP now and test on 9/6. From there I will try the TOGAF in October/Nov. I'm going straight to eJPT after the CCSP. Since I did the eCPPT v5 upgrade I'm going to start that before OSCP.

PC509 wrote: »
    CCNA: CyberOps - Done
    CISSP - Done
    eJPT - currently working on.
    eCPPT - won this one at a webinar for eLearnSecurity, so it's a new goal this year. icon_smile.gif
    ITIL Foundations - currently working on. I heard it wasn't that bad of a cert, the material is just dry. I'll probably do this early October after cramming with a book and a few videos.

Not going to do the CCNA: Security this year. I'll hit it next year. I think after those, I'll be good this year. icon_smile.gif

Nice progress! My recommendation for the ITIL-F is to get Claire Agutter's book and just read through it twice in a week or so. You'll be able to pass the exam after that. Then if you want to really understand and apply the concepts at a much deeper level, grab Liz Gallacher's book for a later read through and desk reference.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Teradata Associate, completed. Reviewing 70-761, this will be scheduled soon. After that might stop for a while, getting worn out again.
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am almost done with my goals for this year. I just need to pass LX0-104 on September 29, and I'll be all set.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My goals for 2018 were CIW-SDA, Security+, CCENT, CCNA, and Project+. I'm 2 out of 5. Not sure If I'll be able to make CCNA as I'm giving myself roughly 3 months per exam. I can probably squeeze in Project+ instead as I feel it requires less study time.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Planned:
    Certs: McAfee DLPe, CFR, CMI, CASP renewal, CISSP

MSc in Cyber Sec - thesis

Completed: (Real life icon_sad.gif )
    Certs: CFR, CMI, CASP renewal, PenTest+

MSc in Cyber Sec - thesis
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Goals:

CIPT (Done)
    CISM (test passed yesterday, now the paperwork)
    CISSP (starting studying soon)
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    Azt7Azt7 Member Posts: 121 ■■■■□□□□□□
    2018 goals achieved :

AWS CSAA : Done in January

Azure Solution Architect : Done in August

Let's add something small for the end of the year
    Certifications : ITIL, MCSA Office 365, MCSE Productivity, AWS CSAA, Azure Architect, CCSK, TOGAF
    Studying for :  TBD
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I didn't have too many plans for this year but have still managed to add a lot of tests to my plate:

ITIL CSI Intermediate exam
    ITIL OSA Intermediate exam
    Cisco SECFND
    Cisco SECOPS
    CASP

I have also taken two beta exams that I am waiting on the results for: CFR-310 and CompTIA IT Fundamentals
    I plan to take the CertNexus CIoTP beta tonight.

I am planning on taking the CCNA: R&S exams by Christmas, as well.

All-in-all, I will have taken ten exams this year if I remain on task. Pretty exciting year for me, certification-wise.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just started back on my certs. It's been a long time, Microsoft Server 2008 R2 was my last.

I just passed Network+ this morning. My path forward is:

1) CCNA Routing and Switching by Christmas

then

2) CCNA Wireless
    3) CCNA Security
    4) Security+
    5) Microsoft or AWS (Still Deciding).
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+