Options

CCNA Injuries

SandwichesSandwiches Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
G'day fellas,

Has anyone injured themselves studying for CCNA?

Thanks to a month of hard study before my exam, and sitting at a desk with my head down - I now have pinched nerves in my neck. I personally reckon that it occured because I gave up on any physical exercise to concentrate on studying.

Am i the first person to injure themselves studying for CCNA?
Anyone else got any stories to share? I imagine if you dropped a study guide on your foot it could do some damage.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Okay, I'll bite - because I like you Aussies so much. :)
    By the way, we need some of your crocodile hunters to come to Florida to handle a few rogue gators...

It wasn't for the CCNA, but I was taking a boot camp for Exchange 2000 a couple years back. On my way I stopped for coffee and slipped on some wet pavement. It tore my shoulder/rotator cuff. Couldn't even move my arm for a week. Barely managed to get deoderant on that side for a while... icon_eek.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Wow, I dont feel so bad now, back in the day when I was doing my CCNA study, I spent so long on the computer, I think it was like 10 hours straight, my left arm was like perched on the desk. When I lifted it off I had no feeling in my little finger. Nearly 4 years later and I still have no feeling in that finger thanks to the CCNA study!

Was it worth it? hell yeah.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sandwiches wrote:
    Heck -- I dragged an old computer kiosk thingy up from the basement to use the drop down table with a couple of Ikea "blue plastic storage boxes" and a board to move a laptop up near should level so that I could review my old CCNA/CCNP notes for the CCIE written exam.

And for my printed out notes -- I used a free-standing "copy holder/book holder" to review my notes for the CCIE written exam -- after pushing the laptop back -- so that I could stop leaning over to read.

I'm currently deciding where to move my hardware for the CCIE Lab preparation -- and the computer kiosk thing and table with blue boxes and board may be my study station for reading my notes on a laptop.

I'm also thinking about spending $200-$300 for an "air desk" to read/laptop while exercycling and studying/labbing for the CCIE.

If there is the "freshman 15"..... shouldn't there be a "ccna 15"... and "ccnp 15"..... and .... we'll stop there. :D Before certification I was running 8 miles a day.... (and exercycling 30-60 miles)..... now I'm happy to do 3 miles walking each day on the weekends....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    icon_eek.gif:o
    This place gets very scary sometimes

Who will enter the book under a new "Death by Certification Prep" heading
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just dont wanna remind myself of the days i studied for CCNA..Scares the HELL outta me LOL

I guess what will i do when i will study for CCNP (but i am studying for MCP ATM - which is not that hard )
    :study:
  • Options
    dublin_101dublin_101 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sandwiches wrote:
    G'day fellas,

tell me mate...did you pass the exam?

if so, it must have been worth it!...

i am already frying my brain on CCNA, and I've only just passed semester 2!....i bumped into this forum and reading all of the stories of "how difficult the exam is", has really made me paranoid about the whole thing .....therefore I'm gluing my head to the pc and books...and many late nights doing labs in my shed!!!...scary or what!
  • Options
    SandwichesSandwiches Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mate,

Don't let the forum freak you out - it is a tough exam but not as hard as some posts make it out to be. I passed it - you definately can. The best way is just to bite the bullet and sit the exam - then you will know what you're up against. If you have everything covered there is nothing to worry about.....
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    dublin_101 wrote:
    Sandwiches wrote:
    G'day fellas,

tell me mate...did you pass the exam?

if so, it must have been worth it!...

i am already frying my brain on CCNA, and I've only just passed semester 2!....i bumped into this forum and reading all of the stories of "how difficult the exam is", has really made me paranoid about the whole thing .....therefore I'm gluing my head to the pc and books...and many late nights doing labs in my shed!!!...scary or what!

It's not that bad, people tend to make it seem much harder then it actually is. CCNP is where it starts to get tough icon_cool.gif
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    dublin_101dublin_101 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys...

thanks for the advice ....i'm only half way through the ccna now and hopefully some time by end of year i'll sit the external.........i'm just paranoid about the trick questions....they always seem to get me on a few.....at the moment i'm averaging around 90% in most exams....so hopefully this will be a platform to work off...

thanks very much once again...

cheers