I passed Comptia 901!

ny246ny246 Junior MemberPosts: 31Member ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed 901 yay! I was stressing out over this so I'm glad I don't have to retake it. On to 902!

Comments

• ScyphnScyphn Posts: 51Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Heeyyy Congratz!!!! What did you use to study? I'm finally on my way to take my late Jan.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 3,987Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
  • markh99markh99 Posts: 2Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    How hard was the 901?
  • ny246ny246 Junior Member Posts: 31Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I used Professor Messer videos. The Exam cram book and Mike Meyers all in one book. I did practice tests on the crucial exams and exam compass websites which helped. I also printed out the comptia objectives and used them as a checklist. It was useful to return to topics I handn't fully grasped. The test itself wasn't too hard but it was a lot of troubleshooting stuff. I'd say brush up on that and also know your port numbers.
  • Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Gielinor, UKPosts: 696Mod Mod
    Congrats!
    Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+, MTA NF (98-366), MTA OSF (98-349), MCTS: Win 7, MCP Win 10 (70-698)
    Currently Studying: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 ( 70-740 | 70-741 | 70-742 )

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
  • ScyphnScyphn Posts: 51Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    ny246 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I used Professor Messer videos. The Exam cram book and Mike Meyers all in one book. I did practice tests on the crucial exams and exam compass websites which helped. I also printed out the comptia objectives and used them as a checklist. It was useful to return to topics I handn't fully grasped. The test itself wasn't too hard but it was a lot of troubleshooting stuff. I'd say brush up on that and also know your port numbers.

Thanks ny246! I plan to use a similar route but I can't do Meyers' book because its too wordy for me. Thanks for the advice!!!
  • ratherunique17ratherunique17 Posts: 6Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I'm contemplating late January/the first week of February for myself.
    2015- BA
    2018-
    MA (Cybersecurity & Government affairs concentrations)
    2018:
    (A+, Sec+, Net+/CCENT for Certs) (Python,& SQL.Maybe C Programming)
    Later: (TBA Certs.)(Ruby, Assembly Programming)
    More School?: MSc in Computer Science. Georgia Tech's Online Masters (2019/2020)
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,159Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • hunterthuntert Posts: 231Banned
    congrats
  • bluewarlord8bluewarlord8 Posts: 70Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on wrecking the A+! Can you pass 901, then wait a couple weeks till you sit the 902 exam?
  • davec8080davec8080 Posts: 52Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on wrecking the A+! Can you pass 901, then wait a couple weeks till you sit the 902 exam?

Of course. You just have to pass both exams before the 901/902 series retires. I believe that means you are safe up to about Summer of 2019, as the old exam is still available for a while after the new one comes out.
  • bluewarlord8bluewarlord8 Posts: 70Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats
  • Kenji NodaKenji Noda Posts: 3Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

And,

I just created a WhatsApp Group for talking and sharing info about CompTIA Exams Cert (exam 220-901/220-902/CS0-001/N10-006/SK0-004/SY0-501...etc.).

If you like to talk and share, please add the group here:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/8kmYS5su1bOCGGTIIlvY7R

Good luck, all!!!
  • versoleversole Posts: 11Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulation man, wish you the very luck for the next exam.