Passed 70-698 today

LaduLaserLaduLaser Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
What can I say, that felt surprisingly easy. A lot of the multi-choice questions were down to pure logic. If it said "pick three steps to take, in order to reach objective X", and gave you five answers you could pick from, then two answers described steps to take using one tool, and three described the steps if using another tool. So it had to be the latter.

How I prepared: I only skimmed through Will Panek's book once, and went to the test center thinking "Ok, this is a Microsoft test. They will often contain questions about stuff that wasn't listed in the study objectives, or even contain general computer and networking knowledge. So it's best to just go once and take the test, take notes of every area where I'm lacking in knowledge, and then just study hard on those areas before the re-take."

Then the test conclusion screen said "Congratulations!" and I'm moving on to my next goal: Becoming a certified Google Administrator.

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done. I found it easy too mainly because it was Windows 10 focused. Unlike 70-697!
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• someperson49someperson49 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, How long did you guys study to pass this exam?
  • LaduLaserLaduLaser Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, How long did you guys study to pass this exam?

I read through the aforementioned book, about 10-20 pages per day, on the bus on my way to and from work. So somewhere between 5 and 10 weeks.
  • djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done!!

I passed 70-698 in October and passed 70-697 last Friday. 70-698 was very easy, 70-697 was probably one of the hardest exams I've ever had to do. Now you can relax and enjoy Christmas and the new year, you deserve it. Have a good one!!
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    I planned on taking my test by Jan 15th but I am going to push it back a week or two. I just don't feel like I am ready yet. Even though I've been using Windows 10 for at least a year and a half everyday in my help desk role. I'm still doing poorly on the Transcender practice tests.

Do you think that having the knowledge from your Win7 cert helped you at all?
  • LaduLaserLaduLaser Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    I planned on taking my test by Jan 15th but I am going to push it back a week or two. I just don't feel like I am ready yet. Even though I've been using Windows 10 for at least a year and a half everyday in my help desk role. I'm still doing poorly on the Transcender practice tests.

Do you think that having the knowledge from your Win7 cert helped you at all?

Any previous computer knowledge helps when taking a Windows exam. It especially helps if you've taken enough Microsoft exams that you know what a question is actually asking (a lot of the test questions are kind of disambiguous in their phrasing, takes some getting used to). With that said, you can always keep banging your head against that Microsoft wall until it crumbles if you've got the grit (and an employer that lets you take the same cert test multiple times, heh). I had to try 3 times before I passed the good ol' Windows 7 MCTS exam, which was the first certification I ever earned. After that I went through all the CompTIA stuff, and it would surely have helped to have that knowledge under my belt before attempting the first Windows exam.
  • nancyliam893nancyliam893 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Among the various 70-698 vce **** providers, and also 70-698 real exam questions answers, VceTests is the best and authentic to provide 70-698 **** with 70-698 practice test questions answers. Here all 70-698 braindumps are approved by the team of Industrial experts. Pass your MCSA Exam with our valid MCSA 70-698 vce questions in the first try.
  • PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OP, congrats and thanks for the tip.

I agree the MS test questions take some getting used to.

What are some good legit free sites for taking practice tests?

I'm on the tail end of reading Panek's book, and looking to take some practice tests, see how I do, and schedule for the exam.

• PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WeiWeibd said:
    Hi,2019 New braindump2go 70-698 Exam Questions:

QUESTION
    You install Windows 10 on a computer named Computer1.
    Computer1 is a member of workgroup and will be used by multiple users to browse the Internet.
    You need to ensure that a file named policy1.docx appears on the desktop of Computer1 for all users who use the computer. The solution must minimize the number of copies of policy1.docx.
    What should you do?

A. Copy Policy1.docx to C:\Users\Default\Desktop.
    B. Copy Policy1.docx to C:\Users\Public\Desktop.
    C. From a Group Policy object (GPO), modify the Desktop settings.
    D. Use a Group Policy object (GPO) to configure Folder Redirection.

Answer: B

QUESTION
    Your network contains single Active Directory domain.
    The domain contains two computers named Computer1 and Computer2.
    From Computer1, you need to view the installed devices and their associated drivers on Computer2.
    What should you use?

A. the Get-PnpDevice cmdlet
    B. the Get-WindowsDriver cmdlet
    C. the driverquery.exe command
    D. the Get-OdbcDriver cmdlet

Answer: C
    Explanation:

QUESTION
    A user named User1 has a computer that runs Windows 10.
    User1 reports that Cortana displays news topics that the user wants to suppress.
    You need to suppress the news topics from being displayed.
    What should you modify?

A. Reminders
    B. the Location settings
    C. the News app settings
    D. Notebook

Answer: D

Notebook? I searched but didn't find anything on that in Panek's book.