Options

Failed :( with a 740

doogleassdoogleass Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_cry.gif i walked into the exam with a lot of confidence this morning and walked out with a sad face. i think it was the way the questiones were asked. but what can we do. anyway i did not get much questions on ports or cryptography.

Comments

• Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry to hear that. keep up the studies and im sure you will get it. Im hoping i can pass on the first pass, but a lot of people dont icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    DarkboxerDarkboxer Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wish Comptia had a "second shot" program like Microsoft is runing currently.
  • Options
    K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    DOn't worry buddy, you'll ace it next time
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • Options
    TonyATLTonyATL Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed the exam the first go around. The second time around I re-read all my study material and I also used PrepLogic exam questions. I aced it. You'll get it the next time.
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Failing sucks. No way around it. However, as we all do, you learn from it and now know exactly what to expect when you take it again. You also have an idea of where you need to study more. I don't know if Comptia is like Microsoft, but I've heard so many stories of guys who failed and then took the same exam within a week to 2 weeks said that the second one was much, much harder than the first. I personally have not tried a second exam, I've failed 2 out of 6 I took so far, but did not re-try them yet.

Anyone out there fail and re-try a Comptia exam within 2 weeks? And if so, was it any different?

Good luck on the re-try, you'll get it this time! :)
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    fahadkhanfahadkhan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    its part of learning curve. you'll get it next time.

so far I have failed CCIE voice 3 times.
  • Options
    dmm37dmm37 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also missed this one the first time, its a tough exam.

You will get next time - good luck.

David
  • Options
    What is the scale on this exam? If 740 is not good enough, what is? Even Microsoft lets you pass with a 700...

Just curious...I will be looking into this Cert after I knock off Network+ and the 70-291 exam to get my MCSA. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    100 questions with a pass range of 754/900
  • Options
    With 100 questions, what is the time limit on this one? I know on 70-291 you get something like 3 hours and then some...I think it was like 215 minutes or something goofy...

Thanks!
  • Options
    doogleassdoogleass Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone. i spent some time this weekend reading through the cissp book and i saw some of the silly mistakes i did. i think before i write my exam again i will read through the chapters which are the same as the security+. the cissp book seems to go through the stuff in more detail.

The time limit for this exam is 90min and a passing score of 764/900. that is equall to 85%. what a high pass mark icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    keywakeywa Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I’m planning to take the exam next week and I’m worried that I will fail because of the closeness of the answers. Multiple choice tests can be easy if the answers are far apart from each other example:

HTTP uses port:
    1000-1001

or the answers can be closely releated… example:

HTTP uses port:

These are the real uncertainties when going into a all or nothing exam for the 1st time. Now that you know how close the answers are to each other, it will give you a better idea of how much nit-picky material is on the exam that needs study. That’s something at least, for the money you paid. I have been studying for 2 months with 6 different exam preps and still don’t know how much more study is needed.