Options

HP Laptop Sale

GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
HP is having a sale on computers. I purchased an HP laptop for several hundred dollars less than I would have paid if it wasn't for the sale. I added on McAfee Virus Protection (Debatable. Since it's free versions of protection) for a year and Microsoft Office and still paid less than 1k. The laptop isn't for me, it is for someone else. I have 4 laptops and I don't think I need another....yet.

This is what I purchased for a few hundred dollars. This isn't the default click on random laptop setup. I upgraded and added a few things:

AMD Dual-Core A9-9420 APU (3 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz, 1 MB cache) + AMD Radeon(TM) 530 Graphics (2GB dedicated memory)
HP Wide Vision HD Camera with dual array digital microphone (Mineral Silver)
15.6" diagonal HD SVA WLED-backlit touch screen (1366 x 76icon_cool.gif
12 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)
1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
802.11b/g/n (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo
3-cell, 41 Wh Lithium-ion prismatic Battery
Full-size island-style keyboard with integrated numeric keypad
DVD-Writer
Windows 10 Home 64
Mineral silver
McAfee LiveSafe 12 months

Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2016

Head on over and tell them GirlyGirl sent ya!

HP Computer Store / Laptop Store | HP® Official Store

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I get my laptops free from work. (Well they technically still belong to work, but I get to use them, have one at work, one for remote support and another I use to run SANS VM's on) I did upgrade the memory to 16 GB and just order a Solid State HD for one I use for SANS, since the HD it came with is failing. It used to be you couldn't kill a HD, now they don't seem to outlast the warranty. Since I started at the Utility I work at I've had 4 laptop, one the HD died, another blue screened after an update, another reboots at random times, not having much luck with Laptops recently.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.