Options

OSWP Passed

SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
This was my first exam in a few years now, and It was interesting having to wait to find out if I passed. As far as the course itself, I feel it was well done. Learners of all types should be able to follow along with the material. Print the material out if you need to, and go after it.

I have my review of the exam and advice in the below thread:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/security-certifications/130636-prep-oswp.html
OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Good write up on the prep work!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats SaSkiller. I have plans to do OSWP. I dont have much experience about wireless. I got few questions if you dont mind.
    1. Can we do a self study of OSWP?
    2. Does OSWP requires programming or coding. I dont have any knowledge on coding :)
    3. Do we need to set a lab recommended in OSWP manual?

Hope you can guide me in right direction.

Regards
    Naruto
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. Hi there. Yes I think you could self study the topics, however you have to buy the course to attempt the cert if memory serves so...

2. No coding or programming experience required.

3. The recommended lab is provided to you. just make sure you have the required hardware, and you'll be good to go. I would advise being familiar with both atheros and intel wifi chipsets.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks SaSkiller for the info :)