cannot find a java se sdk installed at path... Please help.

IgroIgro Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear people, I really need your help. I will have to make a project soon for my university course and for that I need Oracle Soa_12.2.1.3.0 installed. I have successfully installed the app but when I click on Oracle JDeveloper Studio Icon, I get a message: "Please specify the path to Java JDK Home (e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk). And this is what I'm doing, I click browse button and find a folder C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1 (or even \bin), but the I get the same nuts message: "Cannot Find a Java SE SDK installed at path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1. I have installed jdk-9.0.1. And I know that java.exe is in there. No luck. Could you help me with that, please. (win10/64bit)

Comments

• boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    is this Java's way of saying you need to set environmental variables??
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • IgroIgro Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is this Java's way of saying you need to set environmental variables??

Hi boxerboy! Maybe, i don't know. I'm a networking guy mostly. I know that environmental variables can be set in System Properties > Environmental variables >... But i don't know how...
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I' m not sure if that's the issue but I had that problem with Python when I first installed it.

Try looking up setting environmental variables in java on YouTube see if anything comes up.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
    I've set them (I've checked quite a few videos), but still the same error. Three ours in raw I've been trying various solutions.sleeping.gif
  • dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just uninstall and reinstall and make sure you get the correct version (X86 or X64) for your OS, also install as Admin and not as a user. Let me know if this works.
    I have uninstalled it. However, I'm going to make a fresh Win10 install anyway and then I will try again. I will report later. Thank you. Why Oracle makes these things so complicated is beyond me. I would use Eclipse Oxygen instead, but it doesn't have BPEL.
    All I need is goof environment for making Web services (XML, WSDL, BPEL) and test them. Early versions of Eclipse could do this though.
    Ok, I have uninstalled Win 10 and finally managed to run Soa suit. Tried to create a new XML dokument, but all the options are greyed out:

Why they do everything so complicated? What do i need to do next to activate them? Thank you guys!