70-698 Study advice

britchick01britchick01 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am preparing for the 70-698 exam and wondered what is the best way to study/prepare

I have the Exam Ref book and I have a 5 day course with QA starting in a few days

I am nearly finished reading the book getting ready for the 5 day course so I have a bit of background knowledge going into it.

Thinking would a lab pc help too or would the 5 day course be good enough? The 5 day course does have lab pc's etc.

In my job, I do use a Win 10 laptop so I am getting experience everyday on using it and its features

Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    With the exam ref book, the QA 5 day course and everyday experience with Windows 10. You be prepared for the exam, don't leave leave it too long between the course and talking the exam. The exam does go into Windows 10 features you would never come by as an standard user such as GPO.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• britchick01britchick01 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Thanks for your replies

This would be my first Microsoft exam so I can get some hardware together and create a test pc :)

I have done a video course before (not with CBT nuggets) and didn't find it very useful as I couldn't concentrate with it properly (hence why choosing a classroom course this time round) but I've heard alot about CBT nuggets and their virtual labs. I will see if I can do a trial with them.

When I have completed the course I will then start practice exams

I'm hoping to do mine the end of Feb as well (don't want to wait too long after the course like Malachi1612 said) and 70-697 I will study for straight after I pass this.

That would be really good to compare notes and see how others are studying/preparing for this too :)
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good you picked the 70-698 first as its easier than 70-697, also being your first MS exam you can see how the exam questions are. They do throw in a load of junk in the questions to confuse you so you have to read in between the lines.

I took 70-697 last year and it was my ever first MS exam and I failed. But thanks to me understand how MS ask their questions, CBT Nuggets (videos had been updated for 70-697) I passed 70-697 and then 70-698, which is known to be easier anyway as its more Windows 10 focused. I have an 8 core server at home which I use for virtualization so labbing, combined with Technet, a few books helped me through these.

But Im sure you be fine if you a 5 days course lined up. Mine is completely self-study so I don't have that luxury.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• britchick01britchick01 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will be using flashcards once I have taken the 5 day course to memorise my notes and I will be creating a lab pc today to try out powershell commands and other features

Thanks for the advice and tips so far :)