Options

Passed

dmm37dmm37 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Howdy,

Need some input from you Microsoft test taker veterans. I have never taken a Microsoft exam and will be taking 70-270 Monday. I feel ready for 270,290 and 291 but more concerned about the test formats. I’ve taken four CompTIA exams and hear the Microsoft tests are very lengthy with the questions. I am currently a Network Admin on a 100+ computer network with a mix of 2000 pro and XP systems along with our 2000/2003 servers for 3 years now.

How are the test in comparison to CompTIA test and do some of the questions have multiple answers.

Regards,
David Martin

Comments

• Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    I havent done any comptia exams yet, but i can say that yes the MCP exams do have multiple answers sometimes they will say how many then other times they will just says choose all that apply, or u'll get some that say "these answers represent part of the solution choose 2 of the best answers".

try some practice exams if u want to see what there like i think the microsoft training kit questions are most like the actuall exam questions.

from the sounds of things you shouldent have any problems anyway.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just took my first Microsoft exam friday and the questions include a lot of fluff. Make sure you read the whole question, but filter out the irrelevant information. Also because of the amount of reading I was filling a little fatigued towards the end so I just relaxed and for about 10 mins then finished up which helped my concentration for the last 10+ question and was also able to review
  • Options
    Thanks,

One other question. Do they give parcial credit for questions with multiple answers?

David
  • Options
    jamesthatsmeukjamesthatsmeuk Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One other question. Do they give parcial credit for questions with multiple answers?

David

sorry its either right or wrong.. no 1/2 or 3/4 given.. let us know how u do.
  • Options
    K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    Microsoft exam questions are very lengthy and require some degree of patience inorder to pass.

But ussually in my experience......most of the questions ussually have a key word.

SO look for the key word and after a while you will master the exam format and be more comfortable taking the xams.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • Options
    Well the test is in 2 hours and I'm walking the floor...lol

Thanks for the help icon_wink.gif

David
  • Options
    Yes its over

PASS - 731

This was my first Microsoft exam and its was pretty tuff I thought compared to CompTIA exams. I settled down after the first hour and relaxed and then I could see what Microsoft was after with the questions. Now I know what to expect from further Microsoft exams.

David
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    congrats on the pass, and good luck on your next ones :D
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.