Options

Passed Intro !!!!

routingbyrumorroutingbyrumor Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
Thank god I passed my Intro today on the first try. I got a 891 out of 825 not spectacular but I guess a pass is a pass. Now onto the ICND.

Comments

• Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Nice going - I've got my test in a week so I'm hoping for similar results :D

What materials did you use? If you had to do it again, what subjects do you think you would "beef" up on?
  • Options
    Hi! I used the Intro Book from Wendell Odom as well as the CCNA 4th Edition from Sybex. As for the test, I am weak in the Technology area I got a 75% on the test in this area. So this is what I need to improve on.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

After all the trivia of INTRO, the CCNA becomes more fun (and harder icon_eek.gif ) when you are just dealing with routers and finally doing stuff.

And with the 2 exam method -- you'll get to practice subnetting again for your next exam -- so if you didn't do that well on it this time, you can make up for it next exam. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    man I cant wait any longer , mine is set for 1st of june I want to get this over and done with

I am going to re-schedule this early
  • Options
    Oh yea I didn't even mention the fact that the PC I was using crashed during the middle of the test since I tried a new testing center. lol
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    What a turd!!!
    Good job buddy.
  • Options
    ztahieztahie Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations for your pass.
    I'm planning to take the exam in a few weeks.
    which areas do u recommended to focus on ?
    did u had a lot of subneting Q's?
    any tips that u can give will help.

thanks
  • Options
    twiggy87twiggy87 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow!! Well done!!

Could you tell us what ares/topics were emphasized in the intro exam, Vlans, acls? Im also going the two exam route so guidance would be appreciated.
    If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude..........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    I had a couple of subnetting questions one of the sims dealt with subnetting and requirements. Besides that it was a lot of focus on cabling, troubleshooting etc. Just know how to subnet and focus on everything else afterwards.
  • Options
    Oh yea since its the Intro there are no ACL's you might have VLAN's but basic stuff nothing major. I think they are concentrated on greater detail in the ICND.
  • Options
    ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats ;)
    :study:
  • Options
    shinigaimishinigaimi Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just failed my Intro today. Got 813.

I got one qns abt the simulation. I need some guidance. Not much. A little will do.

I have to assign ip address and subnets to 2 routers. Let's name them router A and B. I only have console connection to router A. Router A is connected to Router B. The 2 interfaces in A and B are not assigned. Since I am in the console in router A.. I can only assign interfaces in router A. How can I telnet to router B? Router B's interface is supposed to be assigned by me. but I can't assigned cos I can't access?

One of the clues I nv make use is the routing protocol. I did set the protocol that they specify. But I doubt it is the problem. Router B's interface has not been configured yet. No matter what, I can't get in...

The interface from Router A has dce. But it mentioned in the qns that the clocking is set.

Any advice? Very angry of myself. I though I will pass if I can tackle this simulation qns. But....
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Probably you were meant to use CDP to find out what the IP address on router B is.Change the IP address on router A to be on the same net as router B.Telnet to routerB change the IP address of the interface to what you are asked to use.You will lose connectivity then change Router A IP address and you should have both routers set with required IP addresses.
    Thats just a guess but from what you describe its all i can come up with.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    dublin_101dublin_101 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well said ed_the_lad.........

a while back i disregarded the cdp functions...........

but then later i started realising the full capability in such situations.........now, just to get used to it, i always use the show cdp neighbors detail command to get that extra information of the connected router...is is great!..

i'll definitely keep this in mind for when my test time comes...
  • Options
    shinigaimishinigaimi Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I doubt so.

I was asked to assign the last IP address of the subnet to the interfaces of router A. And to assign the 10th subnet to the coressponding interface of router B.

when i try to telnet to router B's hostname. Error given is that the host is down. Make no sense if I am able to do it using the ip address right?