OSCP Passed

Finally passed the OSCP exam. I won't write a lot here as there are tons of reviews online but I will say if your going for this cert, DON'T GIVE UP. In all honesty I attempted the exam six times before finally passing, so learn the material, google like hell and always try harder.

Comments

• averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way to stick with it and congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    airzero wrote: »
    Finally passed the OSCP exam. I won't write a lot here as there are tons of reviews online but I will say if your going for this cert, DON'T GIVE UP. In all honesty I attempted the exam six times before finally passing, so learn the material, google like hell and always try harder.

I appreciate the courage you took to continue going at the exam. I have never heard of anyone attempting it 6 times. Usually people give up after one or two. It's common to read of the people who haven't tried harder or are quitters. You didn't let the exam beat you, you beat the exam. Great work and great advice.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats and great job of not giving up!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hats off to you sir! bowing.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got scared after I failed it the first time... Good job on passing it!
  • CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    airzero wrote: »

Well done!

That's a fantastic effort and shows that not giving up does pay off.

Congratulations and hope you find time to celebrate icon_cheers.gif
    My Aims
    2017: OSCP -
    COMPLETED
    2018: CISSP -
    COMPLETED
    2019: GIAC GNFA - Advanced Network Forensics & Threat Hunting -
    COMPLETED
               GIAC GREM - Reverse Engineering of Malware -
    COMPLETED

2021: CCSP
    2022: OSWE (hopefully)