Email Issue

Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I was wondering again if you can help me with a little issue?

Would it be possible if when we send emails from the Recruitment HR (na[EMAIL="name@.com"]me@.com[/EMAIL]) they are saved within “sent items” within that mailbox and not posted to the individual’ sent items.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    So many questions... what OS, what email client, etc. Devil is in the details.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Perhaps..create a rule for it..IF you are using OUTLOOK. Of course, like #cyberguypr said..we would need details... icon_wink.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ever been on spiceworks? Not insinuating anything by that comment, but you'd likely get better feedback for non-tech-exam tech questions over there than here. I can't remember the last time reading something from you related to a tech exam is all.
    https://www.spiceworks.com/
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I literally had to do this last Thursday so had this link saved. Not sure if applies your environment but here is the link I found/used on how to set it up for someone: https://www.slipstick.com/exchange/save-items-shared-mailbox-exchange-server-cmdlet/

Agree that Spiceworks is probably a better place for this type of question though.
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Apologies

Windows 7
    Microsoft Office 2010
    using outlook as email?
    Apologies yes! Outlook 2010
    Like I said, look into the rules of outlook.
    My link I posted is literally how it should be setup... Just saying. Could probably come up with a some rule as workaround if you really wanted though.
    Thanks for your input guys.

Network Newb - I don't really want to be messing around in regedit I thought there would be a setting within Outlook 2010 that needed to be changed :)
    Kopite_21 wrote: »
    I don't really want to be messing around in regedit I thought there would be a setting within Outlook 2010 that needed to be changed

That is only if you're running Exchange Server 2010, and honestly it is just disabling a small thing in Microsoft Office part of the registry. Up to you though, no worries.
    [FONT=&quot]Guys,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your help. I think I have found the solution just waiting on the user to get back to me to see if it has worked. I logged into the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]OWA within Exchange and located the mailbox then changed a setting as follows:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Role Based Access Control (RBAC) User Ed[/FONT][FONT=&quot]itor)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Messages sent as this mailbox will appear in the Sent Items folder of the:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From Mailbox[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Messages sent on behalf of this mai[/FONT][FONT=&quot]l[/FONT][FONT=&quot]b[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]x [/FONT][FONT=&quot]will appear in the Sent Items folder of th[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From Mailbox[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rob[/FONT]
  • urstuffplz1urstuffplz1 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kopite_21 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering again if you can help me with a little issue?

Would it be possible if when we send emails from the Recruitment HR (name@.com) they are saved within “sent items” within that mailbox and not posted to the individual’ sent items.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

HR a shared mailbox? If so, look at this link - it's worked for me before:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2843677/messages-sent-from-a-shared-mailbox-aren-t-saved-to-the-sent-items-fol

"[FONT=&amp]If you're running Outlook 2010, install the Outlook 2010 hotfix package that's dated December 14, 2010. Then, follow these steps. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]For more information about this hotfix package, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]2459115 Description of the Outlook 2010 hotfix package (outlook-x-none.msp): December 14, 2010[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Note[/FONT][FONT=&amp] If you're running Outlook 2013 or a later version, you don't have to install any hotfix.[/FONT]
    • Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Preferences
      Note The x.0 placeholder represents your version of Office (16.0 = Office 2016, 15.0 = Office 2013, 14.0 = Office 2010).
    • On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    • Type DelegateSentItemsStyle, and then press Enter.
    • Right-click DelegateSentItemsStyle, and then click Modify.
    • In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
    • Exit Registry Editor."

Edit: Look at NetworkNewb's post above - he's got another way to resolve this problem via the server instead of on each client.
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]
    Yep, the powershell commands in the link I posted is what sets those parameters.... on there it sets it to save to the shared mailbox and senders though.

To save sent items in the Sent Items folder of both the sender and the shared mailbox, use this cmdlet:
    [FONT=monospace !important]Set-MailboxSentItemsConfiguration alias -SendAsItemsCopiedTo SenderAndFrom -SendOnBehalfOfItemsCopiedTo SenderAndFrom

Pretty sure you still might have to do the registry fix on the client's end. If you are using Exchange 2010 that is though[/FONT]
    HR a shared mailbox? If so, look at this link - it's worked for me before:

My link I posted mentions this has to be disabled too. I give up... ;)