Exam Details

Exam Codes
CAS-002
CAS-003

Launch Date
January 20, 2015
April 2, 2018

Exam Description
CASP covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, engineer, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise.

Number of Questions
Maximum of 90 questions

Type of Questions
Multiple choice and performance-based

Length of Test
165 Minutes

Passing Score
Pass/Fail only. No scaled score.

Recommended Experience
A minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience

Languages
English

Retirement
October 2, 2018
Usually three years after launch

Comments

• Options
    KlinecoreKlinecore Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I saw this yesterday to my surprise. Thanks for posting the full details ispep13!

For those of you that have access to Skillport, they already added CAS-003 videos and lessons up. At initial glance it seems to have more coverage on cloud computing and mobile devices, similar to what happened to Network+ and Security+ when they got revamped in previous years.

This is my first post on tech exams, but I've been reading threads off of here as a guest for quite a while. I have ambitions for many certifications, including CASP, which I take this Friday.

My 2 cents, take it or leave it... for those of you interested in CASP or have been studying, take and pass 002 now before 003 comes out. It will be more than likely a more difficult exam, even just based off the fact the labs will be changed and the questions will be reworded in the devilish tricky ways CompTIA loves to. Additionally though... take the time to go through the 003 content (on skillport for example) to stay current and be a true and responsible IT Professional.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If the revamp will make this certificate more recognized or worthwhile for employers, then I'm all for it. :)
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]