Options

Configure Rip v1 With Rip v2

agha_jo0nagha_jo0n Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi

i want to implement this scenario :

5d3cabbd91fec4627c6eccab97100b73.jpg5d3cabbd91fec4627c6eccab97100b73.jpg

how to configure left part with ripv1 and right part with rip v2 ?
singapore router is common between two parts

can anybody help me?

Comments

• Options
    any body cant help me?
  • Options
    Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello. Based off my 10 sec glance of your screenshots and my somewhat low level knowledge, I reckon you'll have to go entirely with RIPv1 or Ripv2. Your mixing classful and classless routing protocols, I doubt that's good unless you know what your doing.

1 thing that will not work is your using Ripv1 for class c address with a /30 for your point to point connection. It just won't work, Ripv1 won't advertise the subnet mask, its gonna use the classful boundries instead.

Ditch V1 if you can and just go entirely with V2.
  • Options
    Nik 99 wrote: »
    Hello. Based off my 10 sec glance of your screenshots and my somewhat low level knowledge, I reckon you'll have to go entirely with RIPv1 or Ripv2. Your mixing classful and classless routing protocols, I doubt that's good unless you know what your doing.

1 thing that will not work is your using Ripv1 for class c address with a /30 for your point to point connection. It just won't work, Ripv1 won't advertise the subnet mask, its gonna use the classful boundries instead.

Ditch V1 if you can and just go entirely with V2.

hi

thank you for your response...
    i know the limitations.
    but this is a exam question and im trying to solve it...
    so ou say this scenario is not possible ?
  • Options
    Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    if part of the question involves advertising a /30 with a classful routing protocol then to best of my knowledge it cannot be done.