Eric Conrad study guide vs sybex book

kawageekkawageek Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I started to prepare for CISSP exam, I wonder what is the best book between Eric Conrad study guide and the sybex book in terms of coverage of the materials. I know that Conrad's book is ~600 pages while sybex is 1000+ page.
I began my studies with shon harris book, I found it's overwhelming so now I'm using mainly Conrad's book (I think I like the fact that it's short book compared to the others), also planning on using Kelly's videos, 11th hour, official practice tests and may be some other test banks(sybex, boson, mhprofessionalsources). would this be enough to be prepared for the exam (in term of content coverage). Is conrad's book deep enough and covers all the necessary materials to pass the test?

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used Conrad's book as my main source. I used the Sybex book as a second book, as Conrad is missing some detail and I wanted a second source too. Whatever source you choose, you need a few one to have the whole material.

I used in order of importance:
    Conrad Study Guide
    Sybex ISC2 guide
    Kelly's video on Cybrary
    Conrad 11th hour guide
    Sari Green video course
    ISC2 CBK

I used the question bank from the Sybex book, the official practice test book, and Shon harris's question book.

I used a lot of source, but with Safaribookonline.. you get them all.
  • kawageekkawageek Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Conrad's book as my main source. I used the Sybex book as a second book,
    as Conrad is missing some detail and I wanted a second source too.
    Whatever source you choose, you need a few one to have the whole material.

I used in order of importance:
    Conrad Study Guide
    Sybex ISC2 guide
    Kelly's video on Cybrary
    Conrad 11th hour guide
    Sari Green video course
    ISC2 CBK

I used the question bank from the Sybex book, the official practice test book, and Shon harris's question book.

I used a lot of source, but with Safaribookonline.. you get them all.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, how can you know what parts are missing that you need to view in other books? is it after you consult the other books that you know that conrad's is not detailed enough ? Anyway, I will also use sybex as a secondary material to be sure to cover as much as possible of the materials.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I read both book at least once. Then when some subject was less familiar to me, I knew I had to study in the Sybex book.
  • greennc939greennc939 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To echo kawageek - I too used these resources in order of importance, with Conrad's book being my main source:

-Conrad Study Guide
    -Kelly's video on Cybrary
    -Sybex ISC2
    -Conrad 11th Hour
    -Looking on this forum for additional pointers (threads from people passing and not passing)