Started Studying For Network+

brandon2brandon2 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good afternoon,

I been recently studying the A+ 901/902 and decided to start the Network+, does anyone recommend any study books for the Network+? Is studying for this test in a month enough or i would need to spend more time i have heard this test is harder but i felt the A+ is because its two test and alot of memorization.

Comments

• crimsonavengercrimsonavenger Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When it comes to CompTIA you can't go wrong with the Sybex books. And if you need lectures Professor Messer is a good resource.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Out of A+/Net+/Server+/Sec+ exams that I took, I would rate Network+ as the hardest exam, and the only exam that I failed the first time around. You cannot study enough for it.

Make sure you utilize multiple sources. Good luck.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Sharpe21Sharpe21 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Strongly recommend the CBTNuggets course. If you combine the course along with a book and some practice exams you can't go far wrong.
  • brandon2brandon2 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sharpe21 wrote: »
    Strongly recommend the CBTNuggets course. If you combine the course along with a book and some practice exams you can't go far wrong.

I have been using ITProTV, what’s the difference between that and CBTNuggets?
  • davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikey88 wrote: »
    Out of A+/Net+/Server+/Sec+ exams that I took, I would rate Network+ as the hardest exam, and the only exam that I failed the first time around. You cannot study enough for it.

Make sure you utilize multiple sources. Good luck.

I've heard similar comments from many people. In order of difficulty, MOST difficult to least, I would rank them:
    Network+
    A+902
    A+901
    Security+

I haven't tried Server+. But everyone I know who has all the first three says the same thing...Security+ is easy compared to the others...
  • brandon2brandon2 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    davec8080 wrote: »
    I've heard similar comments from many people. In order of difficulty, MOST difficult to least, I would rank them:
    Network+
    A+902
    A+901
    Security+

I haven't tried Server+. But everyone I know who has all the first three says the same thing...Security+ is easy compared to the others...

Really? I heard Network+ is hard but i thought A+ 901 was hard cause its alot to remember, not sure about the 902 i heards it easier compared to the 901. Security+ i would think be the harder one after Network+ but i dont know since i am new to studying for certifications.
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    davec8080 wrote: »
    Network+
    A+902
    A+901
    Security+

902 was easier for me than 901 was. I just scheduled my Net+ exam for Monday. Then it's on to Sec+ then Proj+ to wrap up my 2nd term @ WGU.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021