Options

CompTIA exam registration down? (I don't think it is I think they are just lying )

cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have taken a number of CompTIA exams in the past and have my CompTIA candidate ID number. Wednesday I went to register for the PenTest+ Beta literally as soon as the link went active, login enter my ID number and can't register because my ID is "pending" , system says please wait while they resolve the issue. 3 days later I am still waiting and have contacted customer service where they are telling me the "system is down for maintenance" and check back in, initially, 1-2 hours, then 2-3 hours, last two times 3 to 4 hours.

Each time that I login and check my ID is still shown as pending. This time I asked the rep why my co-worker was able to register for his exam while the system is undergoing maintenance? His response was "the problem is not on your end, it is on our end we are unable to locate the profile to check it's status." That doesn't sound like maintenance to me. When I questioned him about if there is a specific time frame they intend to have the system up by he just stopped answering my questions.

Just ranting. I wish Prometric was still an option so at least I would have an alternative.

Comments

• Options
    fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cshkuru wrote: »
    I have taken a number of CompTIA exams in the past and have my CompTIA candidate ID number. Wednesday I went to register for the PenTest+ Beta literally as soon as the link went active, login enter my ID number and can't register because my ID is "pending" , system says please wait while they resolve the issue. 3 days later I am still waiting and have contacted customer service where they are telling me the "system is down for maintenance" and check back in, initially, 1-2 hours, then 2-3 hours, last two times 3 to 4 hours.

Each time that I login and check my ID is still shown as pending. This time I asked the rep why my co-worker was able to register for his exam while the system is undergoing maintenance? His response was "the problem is not on your end, it is on our end we are unable to locate the profile to check it's status." That doesn't sound like maintenance to me. When I questioned him about if there is a specific time frame they intend to have the system up by he just stopped answering my questions.

Just ranting. I wish Prometric was still an option so at least I would have an alternative.

I registered for the Pentest+ Beta directly on Pearson Vue with the account I used when I got the CSA+ Beta. No problems for me as it already had my comptia ID registered.

Hope your problem gets fixed, cheers.
  • Options
    cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah, that's what I was trying to do, then the world went horribly wrong.

It's not like this is a life-threatening issue or anything, it just pisses me off that instead of just working with me to fix the issue they, in my mind at least, are just pushing it off hoping I will go away.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    cshkuru wrote: »
    yeah, that's what I was trying to do, then the world went horribly wrong.

It's not like this is a life-threatening issue or anything, it just pisses me off that instead of just working with me to fix the issue they, in my mind at least, are just pushing it off hoping I will go away.

I was able to register for it with my existing account this morning.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have found that PearsonVue isn't always as forthcoming about service outages and impacts as they should be. Very disappointing.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me