MCSA 2016 Study Materials?

Jae102Jae102 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey I'm looking for MCSA 2016 study materials. So far I came across Boson Courseware which I know is good for the CCNA but is it good for the MCSA 2016 as well?

Boson Marketplace | Product Search

Also let me know other study materials for the MCSA 2016.

Comments

• twingo100twingo100 Member Posts: 20 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Edx is very good place to start, there courses are excellent and free

https://www.edx.org/course?search_query=windows+server
  • Jae102Jae102 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    twingo100 wrote: »
    Edx is very good place to start, there courses are excellent and free

https://www.edx.org/course?search_query=windows+server

Thanks man. I've enrolled in their course.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Look up ITFreeTraining on YouTube for helping understand AD FS and AD CS, if you are starting from scratch. That series on YouTube is based on 2012R2, but is still applicable (though, you do need to make sure you actually work with AD FS 2016 in a lab - to catch the changes and requirements for that version).
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Boson has some decent stuff. They have some of the hardest and most challenging questions I have seen on a practice test. Their labs were pretty decent. I found them useful covering some of the labs that were harder to work out (AD FS specifically) without a little more help.

I did submit a couple of questions for review with them. One had outdated information based on a technet article I linked. The other one was too vague and didn't give enough to answer the question without just knowing what they were asking. The first was corrected immediately. The second they argued with me on saying "that is how the test will be." I didn't agree but whatever.

Overall I would recommend their product.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • doublehunterdoublehunter Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you recommend udemy for 70-740, 741 and 742? Courses are on sale and interested to buy but there so many courses from so many authors and not sure if theyre good. Anyone tried server 2016 courses in udemy?
  • backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I liked the Boson stuff as well, very good quality- I'll thank poolmanjim for reading about them in his previous posts on other topics; this in regards to the practice exams.

I looked at the Udemy stuff on 742, it was weak at best and that is a compliment, although I doubled down and bought their series for 744 that I'm studying for now mostly because there is no other content. For $10 though why not?
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +