CISM - Passed - 2/3/2018

DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey Guys,

I've provisionally passed the CISM exam this past weekend (2/3/201icon_cool.gif. I'm hoping to get my score over the next week or so. I would like to thank the folks here on TechExams for the never ending support and tips! As for my study material, I did gloss over the CISM Manual in conjunction with the QAE database. Prior to writing the CISM, I did study for the CISSP for the last 10 months so it was definitely a good overlap between the two exams.

One thing that did made me panic was the first time that the exam disconnected half way through. I thought I had lost all my answers and was either going to re-do the exam or it was a complete write-off. Luckily, the exam centre was able to re log back in and I was able continue. Weirdly enough, the exam had disconnected on me 3 times throughout the 3.5 hours which was terrible.

Best Regards,
DZA_

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job sir! icon_thumright.gif

I also experienced the same, but had more disconnections. The test center even had to transfer me to another seat twice.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • anilkumartranilkumartr Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks all!

@Info_Sec_Wannabe - It was pretty annoying by the end of the second disconnect, the good thing that I had buffer time if there was any more hiccups. Is the disconnect problem pretty consistent across all ISACA exams? You would think that they would have relatively no issues.

Cheers,
    DZA
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not sure if this is a "good" thing, but when your session gets disconnected, the timer stops so you don't really lose testing time (just actual time). It was also my first time taking a CBT from ISACA and it was not a pleasant experience.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • josephbutlerjosephbutler Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How long do we have to wait for our results to post instead of it saying results pending?
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done on the pass 👍
    CISSP
    CISM
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long do we have to wait for our results to post instead of it saying results pending?

Mine took exactly 10 days to post.
    CISSP
    CISM