Comments

• Options
    kosta-kkosta-k Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats...you did a great job!!!
  • Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kosta-k wrote: »
    Congrats...you did a great job!!!

Thank you! I really enjoyed the trouble tickets - nice exam overall.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Options
    HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I knew you had it in the bag about 3 weeks ago.

Good luck with the collaboration upgrade. Do you work with the telepresence hardware at work, or will you have to book study?
    CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
    Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|
  • Options
    Congrats! I knew you had it in the bag about 3 weeks ago.

Good luck with the collaboration upgrade. Do you work with the telepresence hardware at work, or will you have to book study?

Thank you & you were right - I probably took too long to review & sit TSHOOT.

I work with Voice / Collab stuff at work daily (maintenance & project work for 9 clusters + 1 SME cluster and more coming onboard this year) but I can't say I'm doing any EX, DX or VCS work. We do have an Expressway HA cluster deployed that's aggregating MRA for 3 different CUCM clusters so that's a perk for me as well as the fact that we're running ILS between them.

I have the old Voice lab at home (2 x 2811 with PVDM2s and E1s, FXO, FXS and phones) and also have a lab at work (UCS, 9971, ISR G2, 3560G, EX60, SX20) so I'll be using these in my studies.

I need to get a little more comfy with the VCS stuff and Telepresence endpoints. Other than that, I feel pretty comfy with Globalization, multi-cluster / multi-site deployments; need to brush up on SAF + CCD and RSVP locations (can't say we've used that in production ever).

Guess I'll know for sure once I get started. For study resources I'll be using:

- salesconnect.cisco.com (there's an "official" CIPTV2 course there - simple stuff but good enough to get started)
    - some IPExpert stuff for the CCIE Collab / Voice track
    - the FLG guide for CIPTV2 (kinda lame read going by what my peers have told me thus far)
    - bootcamp books that vendors provide for people attending CIPTV2 classes (I have 2 colleagues who've attended the CIPTV2 bootcamp course and were kind enough to share those books and student lab guides with me)
    - my good ol' CIPT1, CIPT2 and CVOICE stuff I used when doing my NP Voice
    - SIP School SSCA courses for getting my SIP skills to where they should be

Guess that's about it. Going to take this week off from studying and just relax a little bit. We have a big ISO audit next week and I'm going to be up to my neck in that until it settles down so I'm looking at maybe late March to properly get started "full steam ahead" for CIPTV2.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • Options
    Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Congrats I bet it's a relief to get the ccnp under your belt. I'm currently studying for switch, just waiting for approval from work to pay for it as an expense :)

Would you mind uploading your gns3 topology and configs somewhere to share with the forum?
  • Options
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    Congrats I bet it's a relief to get the ccnp under your belt. I'm currently studying for switch, just waiting for approval from work to pay for it as an expense :)Would you mind uploading your gns3 topology and configs somewhere to share with the forum?
    Good luck with your studies. I have a load of labs (the ones I selected in the below pic also have around another 30 labs nested within):

BEKfhii.png

Here's my TSHOOT topology / project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xign5n7petmze5p/TSHOOT-GNS3-Topology.gns3project?dl=0

You'll need these images for it to work:

- ROUTERS: i86bi-linux-l3-adventerprisek9-15.5.2T.bin
    - SWITCHES: i86bi_linux_l2-adventerprise-ms.high_iron_20170202

I can share the others as well but I would strongly recommend you build the stuff out by hand while watching vids. What I did was to do "lab-alongs" through all the vids I watched (almost) and that really helped me out.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • Options
    router_switchrouter_switch Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! You did a great job with those labs.
  • Options
    Congrats! You did a great job with those labs.

Thank you - they just started increasing as I studied along :) never thought I'd have some many of them at the end :D
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • Options
    Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Thanks for sharing the tshoot topology in gns3. Will get it looked at after my switch studies have finished!
  • Options
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing the tshoot topology in gns3. Will get it looked at after my switch studies have finished!

Hey - here are the config files I used for the TSHOOT topology. The interfaces are slightly different but the IP Addressing and overall connectivity should be in line with Cisco's stuff.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3r10i341eqzfy5/TSHOOT%20configs.zip?dl=0

The diagram should be somewhere in the posts above :D
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA