Which Cloud Certification to go for

sajag83sajag83 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I want to do the cloud certification and join the cloud crowd. I wanted to know which certificastion to go for as i am confused which one to do Microsoft Azure certification, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification.or Amazon AWS. I am looking something which be in demand job wise in future. As i did Mcsa in server 2003 and have worked in IT desktop support for 12 years now. So want to change my career now.

Comments

• ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sajag83 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I want to do the cloud certification and join the cloud crowd. I wanted to know which certification to go for as I am confused which one to do Microsoft Azure certification, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification. Or Amazon AWS. I am looking something which be in demand job wise in future. As I did MCSA in server 2003 and have worked in IT desktop support for 12 years now. So want to change my career now.

You have two routes to go.( disclaimer I have drunk the amazon Kool-Aid ) that being stated AWS has the market share in the cloud space and I believe will be the leader for a while. so I chose AWS CSAA to start
    But you holding MCSA server and years of experience I think will get you close to MCSE Cloud easily. or you can do both AWS-CSAA is only one test and you probally will only have to take two test for MCSE. And as cloud is adopted more a lot of enterprises will stick to what they know and that Microsoft.
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• sajag83sajag83 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks clm for the reply. Another question i had was i spoke to 2-3 training providers and they said I have to do Comptia Cloud+ first before i can do any of these 2 as i dont have any could experience so i cant just do AWS or Azure certification. Is it worth spending money and doing the Cloud+ certification
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cloud+ will build a solid base for other certs
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Training providers wants to sell you crap. You can do AWS or Azure as you wish as there are not "requirements". If you want a good foundation, Cloud+ or CCSK are good vendor neutral solutions. For foundational stuff you are certainly better on your own that paying a few thousand for a class.
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Training provides wants to sell you crap. You can do AWS or Azure as you wish as there are not "requirements". If you want a good foundation, Cloud+ or CCSK are good vendor neutral solutions. For fundational stuff you ar ecertianly better on your own that paying a few thousand for a class.

Cyberguypr is spot on!!

My personal advice is that you can pass the AWS Exams without the two basic exams. There is nothing wrong with taking the other exams but know you dont have to.

Im currently studying the CCSK because I'm building the resume and I have a few extra dollars to splurge. The information is rock solid so if you want to be in the cloud space definitely learn the information and read the NIST docs. but if I had any restraints I would do the AWS Architect Associate first. The exam tests you on how Amazon does cloud and you will know it well.

I am confused still. I spoke to my brother in law on sunday. He completed AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate 2 months ago and is preparing for AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional. He said AWS is the one to go for as it is the market leader and will be in the future.
    [h=3][/h]
    AWS is the leader I have two AWS certs will get two more next month. so you can go wrong with it but Azure is also another great choice considering you have so much windows experience

• kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CCSK will provide a good foundation, Cloud+ is worthless IMO, and going for MCSE 2016 is worth it. AWS is the gold standard when it comes to Cloud, and having Azure experience will also help you out. Below is the order in which I've done it.

MCSE: Cloud -> CCSK -> AWS SAA -> AWS Dev -> AWS SysOps

BTW, if you ever wonder if a certification is worth your time, look at the job market. Stuff like AWS, Cloud, Azure, DevOps, Containers, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc... are all key words to look for. Get yourself an account with either Udemy, acloudguru, or Linux Academy, as all of the above certifications can be easily obtained through these sites.
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Clm wrote: »
    AWS is the leader I have two AWS certs will get two more next month. so you can go wrong with it but Azure is also another great choice considering you have so much windows experience

CLM
    Would study for the AWS associate cloud provide foundation enough to learn cloud or is there value in studying for Cloud+ before reading up on AWS?
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
    It all depends on you end goals.

I would definitely read up and watch free Cloud+ Material to learn what cloud is . The Nist cloud documents are good. And AWS is the most known cloud provider the clear leader, cheapest exams and overall worth it. so i would do AWS Architect Associate

Hi Guys

Just to give an update i finally decided i am going to go for AWS then do Azure certification. AWS is the market leader at the moment so i think it will be easier to get the experience once i finish the certification.
    Hi Guys

Change of plans I am changing jobs and the company i am going to start with are using Microsoft Azure as their cloud technology so will go with Azure as opposed to AWS. As the interviewer was really keen on my plans on Azure certification.
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sajag83 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Change of plans I am changing jobs and the company i am going to start with are using Microsoft Azure as their cloud technology so will go with Azure as opposed to AWS. As the interviewer was really keen on my plans on Azure certification.
    You can look at Free Azure trainings from Pluralsight via Microsoft:
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/training/learning-paths/azure-administrator/
  • JemimahRJemimahR Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hai, Present there many cloud computing courses like sales force, AWS, Azure solutions Architect etc and many others are there. but my suggestion is to go for MS Azure solutions architect because the course and certification are by provided by the Microsoft so it will be a benefit to your resume. And passing for this certification is not a big deal just concrete on the class little bit of effort required for more details go to this link
  • drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    If you want to stand out from the pack, consider the CSA CCSK or the ISC(2) CCSP. These are Cloud security certifications (granted, they are advanced certs). The CCSK has a whole body of knowledge available for free download from their website. If you can master the 152 pages contained within, it will change your career.
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...