Failed to finish OSCP course & new work

wannabeanOSCPwannabeanOSCP Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I have done 60 days of OSCP but due to problems in life i was not able to finish it ( AND it is way above my skillset) and was only able to crack 6 machinesSince I am new at work i kinda cannot seem to think i can do OSCP while adjusting to the new environment would you guys suggest ECPPT or EJPT which is not that expensive due to the fact OSCP lab time ECPPT or EJPT is cheaper.

Comments

• chazb0tchazb0t Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Absolutely, I went from Zero to OSCP, with no background, no experience, and have never had a job in infosec. I did eJPT > eCPPT > OSCP and just passed OSCP last friday. It took me 292 days and 4 attempts, I failed the first 3 tries. Don't give up.
    If you were able to pop 6 boxes in OSCP labs, I'd say start with eCPPT. eJPT might be a bit too easy, eCPPT is more comprehensive and covers most of the same material.
  • wannabeanOSCPwannabeanOSCP Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
    would you say that ecppt is the same content with OSCP just a little harder?
    What I mean is could i learn new stuff on ecppt ? because i dont want to spend another 1300$ for the same stuff.
  • airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    If you were able to get 6 boxes in the labs I wouldnt recommend eCPPT. Just get back in the labs and grind more, learn more, and try harder. I highly suggest to ensure you go through all the course material and exercises, then go through the Alpha walkthroigh in the forums to get a better idea of hoe to approach boxes with a methodology it will greatly help in the long run. I failed OSCP more times then id like to admit but i stuck with it and eventually passed. You just gotta never give up on it and put in the work
    airzero wrote: »
    If you were able to get 6 boxes in the labs I wouldnt recommend eCPPT. Just get back in the labs and grind more, learn more, and try harder. I highly suggest to ensure you go through all the course material and exercises, then go through the Alpha walkthroigh in the forums to get a better idea of hoe to approach boxes with a methodology it will greatly help in the long run. I failed OSCP more times then id like to admit but i stuck with it and eventually passed. You just gotta never give up on it and put in the work

This is probably your best option, it's only $150 for 15 more days of labs and a free exam retake.

If you were able to get 6 boxes, you know what you are doing, you aren't going to learn anything new it's just easier.
    thank you guys for the advice i kinda felt a little bit better :) and motivated!
    thank you guys for the advice i kinda felt a little bit better :) and motivated!
    Don't give up!