Options

CISSP Domain Experience

tachyon62tachyon62 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys, Im currently looking into taking the CISSP exam but wondering if I have the required experience for it. I currently have 3 years experience in IT Security and a Bachelors degree but I'm still lacking that one year experience. Previously I have worked as a security guard in my early career before IT. Would that position suffice for the physical security requirements? I'm pretty sure it would just looking for a second opinion.

Comments

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The best answer to this, is to ask ISC2 directly. But if you are starting your journey toward CISSP, you will not be far from the 4 years mark once the exam is done.

So I would not care about your security guard experience. IMHO, I would not count on it unless you were designing physical security system.
  • Options
    laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes you can try asking ISC2 direct although they may just reiterate what their documentation says. I would think you're best off waiting a year, unless you can give examples from your previous job that match a domain. What would you write to describe that role and how it relates to a CISSP domain?
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog