Options

IT Audit Scope ?

raxa.jafyraxa.jafy Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
Currently im in one of big 4 PwC as an IT auditor , I have a 4 years degree in computer science and CEH , im quite worried about the scope of IT audit im relatively new into the field with just 3 months of professional experience.

1) How good is the pay scale of IT audit ?
2) Future growth regarding designations ?
3) How does it compares with Infosec ?
4) Will it lead to managerial position later on ?

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    raxa.jafy wrote: »
    Currently im in one of big 4 PwC as an IT auditor , I have a 4 years degree in computer science and CEH , im quite worried about the scope of IT audit im relatively new into the field with just 3 months of professional experience.

1) How good is the pay scale of IT audit ?
    2) Future growth regarding designations ?
    3) How does it compares with Infosec ?
    4) Will it lead to managerial position later on ?

Yes to all the questions if that is something that you enjoy doing.
  • Options
    soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with TheFORCE.

I suggest you talk with your co-workers, supervisors, and mentors at work about these also. They should be able to have a 'career path' discussion with you and what you need to do to progress within the firm. Research salaries on Glassdoor & Payscale for both your current and future positions to give you an idea of salaries.

I'm in IT Audit and my salaries and positions/titles have progressed quickly. I'm not sure how to compare with infosec as there aren't many entry level infosec positions. Many IT auditors transition to infosec roles down the line.

From my perspective managerial positions are easier to achieve in IT audit than Infosec. With that said you're 3 months professional experience leaves you with a lot of grinding to do before you'd be considered for such a role.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP