ISO27001 Lead Implementer

SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am looking to acquire the ISO27001 Lead Implementer certificate.

I have acquired a good amount of certs so far (3xCCNA, CCNP, ITIL, CEH, CISSP) all were self-studied and honestly I don't see myself attending a training course. I want to control the time I study in, the rhythm, ... etc.

Long story short,
I am looking for self-study training material for ISO27001, preferably free ones

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The first thing should be to get the ISO 27001-27002 document standard. They are not free.
  • SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do have the documents, so we can proceed to the next step
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    In my case, I registered for a class in Sept 2018.
  • JollyFrogsJollyFrogs Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ISO 27001 lead auditor is about auditing security. You'll need experience with interviewing, people management skills, and auditing experience. Note the absence of security experience, because for ISO 27001 you do not need it (IMO). It's all about the people and the processes. ISO 27001 is all about "Say what you do, and then do what you say". Effectively, you'll check that policies and standards are followed.
    JollyFrogs, What am looking to achieve is the Lead Implementer certificate, not the lead auditor..

So I managed to get the ISO27001/27001 documents and started reading them, the requirements are fairly logical and easy. However am not still about the lead implementer perspective, any free courses? test exams (not ****)?
    I would appreciate any useful resources you may share, with ISO27001 the free resources seems to be limited.
  • JollyFrogsJollyFrogs Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Skyyyyy2001Skyyyyy2001 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the best method is to sign up for a class