Just passed SY0-401 and here are my thoughts

BTuck2112BTuck2112 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just got home from the exam and let me tell you, it was tough! I passed with a 759 so i'll take it but it was a very confusing test. Almost like it was written by Dr.Suess or something. What I used to study was of course the Darril Gibson book as well as his online premium content.
His online content was very helpful. Another good site for practice exams that turned out to be wordy and similar to the real thing can be found at exam-labs.com/exam/SY0-401. Using these practice questions along with the Gibson website practice questions was extremely helpful. You need to know his book inside and out though.
Why an answer is right and why an answer is wrong etc.
Well hope this helps you guys. Whew! so glad this test is over. :D

Comments

• BTuck2112BTuck2112 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am going to knock out CEH next and then figure out where to go from there.
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Gonna take my 220-902 April and then start studying for my Sec +
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • dsp2267dsp2267 Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BTuck2112 wrote: »
    I just got home from the exam and let me tell you, it was tough! I passed with a 759 so i'll take it but it was a very confusing test. Almost like it was written by Dr.Suess or something.

Amen, brother! The 401 version tests you more on your ability to dissect questions like a lawyer than on your knowledge of the technical stuff.

What I used to study was of course the Darril Gibson book as well as his online premium content.
    His online content was very helpful. Another good site for practice exams that turned out to be wordy and similar to the real thing can be found at exam-labs.com/exam/SY0-401. Using these practice questions along with the Gibson website practice questions was extremely helpful. You need to know his book inside and out though.
    BTuck2112 wrote: »
    Why an answer is right and why an answer is wrong etc.

This. I think the average dude/dudette will be better off with a smaller study book and two realistic practice exams, than all the textbook material in the world.
  • mmcabemmcabe Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the specific feedback, all. I know the numbers taking this exam are dwindling, but this is helpful for those of us who are still trying to squeeze it in before August.
  • RonaRona Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am going to take the security+ SYO-501 exam can anyone help me on the questions and answers ?