Ugh!!

thejmanthejman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the Net+ exam this past Saturday and failed by probably one question (got a 550 out of 554). I did the same thing with my A+ OS exam (only I had to take that one a 3rd time!! I blew it away that time though. 800 something). I always feel that I'm ready, but then I go to sit the exam & I flunk it. I think that my problem is I'm still trying to get back into the academic mode. I was out of school for about 6 years before I started going again (yeah, I'm sitting classes for everything that I'm doing. It doesn't feel right not to). I use the in class material, plus home study (Mike Meyers' Net+ Passport & tech notes and practice tests here) I don't know. Sorry, just needed to vent a little I guess. I'm gonna try again this Saturday.

Any advice from you more experienced folk? icon_smile.gif

Comments

• jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Practice, Practice, Practice.

I used a lot of practice exams on my previous tests. I am going to take Net+ in the next week or 2. I am currently getting 90% on MeasureUp and ExamCram2 and also the same or close on some online tests. There are still a couple of issues that get me, so until I get those down, it's just more practicing.

I know I'm not in too good of a position to offer advice on the Net+ Exam, since I haven't taken it yet, but I figure I had enough experience with Microsoft and other Comptia Exams to give you my 2-cents worth... icon_rolleyes.gif

Good Luck!!! :D
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    You've got the Net+ in your cert list...
    witty comment
  • thejmanthejman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "You've got the Net+ on your cert list..."

I know. Put it up there right before I took the exam as kind of an incentive (cheesy, I know :) ) & forgot to take it off.

Gonna be takin it this Saturday. Wish me luck...
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Good luck! icon_cool.gif
    witty comment
  • thejmanthejman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Update, I passed just this past Saturday. Yay...

Should've studied a little more. Everytime I took the exam, it had a totally different focus. Not much on the OSI model or well known ports (only about 4 questions total between both topics). It was mostly scenerios.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    Way to keep at it! So close... and now so Sweeeeeet! Congrats!
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+
  • thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230