CISM exam preparation 2018

athulathul Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Planning to write CISM exam, i have below doubts

As per ISACA exams are now online and can be written almost any day. Did anyone wrote the new exam method and any tips on online exam method. (I did my CISA on paper few years back)

Is there any good video training tutorial which anyone can suggest for CISM preparation

Comments

• scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    athul wrote: »
    Planning to write CISM exam, i have below doubts

As per ISACA exams are now online and can be written almost any day. Did anyone wrote the new exam method and any tips on online exam method. (I did my CISA on paper few years back)

Is there any good video training tutorial which anyone can suggest for CISM preparation

See this post to answer some of your questions: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isaca-cisa-cism/131319-passed-my-cism-exam-02-24-2018-a.html

go to www.cybrary.it and search for CISM by Kelly Handerhand.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    scankloud wrote: »
    See this post to answer some of your questions: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isaca-cisa-cism/131319-passed-my-cism-exam-02-24-2018-a.html

go to www.cybrary.it and search for CISM by Kelly Handerhand.

Agree, Kelly's course was very good.
  • b0Risb0Ris Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    Agree, Kelly's course was very good.

Do you feel that Kelly's course is good enough to pass the test?
  • scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    b0Ris wrote: »

Yes 100%, Kelly's Course -

Go to Cybrary.it and Watch the Videos for CISM| CRISC| CISSP - First three to four Domains. The CRISC Video is just 5 Hours and it would cover the Risk Management domain in CISM and better prepare you when you take the exam, only RISK Domain has about 45 Questions on the test about 27% of the exam out of 150 questions.

The Final Preparation would be Either reading the CISM Review Manual $105 dollars and the Question Answers and Explanation Database that cost $185 dollars with 1000 questions. Take the exam on Practice Mode domain by domain after finishing all the videos. Read all four answer option explanation including the one that shown as the correct answer and the other three wrong answers to understand the concept and mindset of ISACA Measures of Global Best Practice.

Please search Techexams CISM area to see how others who have passed the test have shared their success stories. Join the ISACA Exam community hosted by ISACA.ORG.. All the best for you guys
  • airbenairben Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Assuming you have a decent amount of IS experience and common sense, the official Q & A DB should be enough. I prepared using just the DB for 4 days (after work 2-3 hours per night) and was able to pass the CISM.
  • Snook99Snook99 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grt yourself a RM and Q&A they contain all the materials required to pass the exam. The challenge of RM is not very friendly though to read but you can use it by going back and forth while attempting the auestion from their database. As per video it’s your choice personally I tried but wasn’t getting anything I thought was useful so I just stick to those plus if you are isaca member their website offers a lot of useful materials (FREE) i.e. whitepaper, research papers, cyber security glossaries.

Make sure you are ‘well’ prepared before trying to sit for the exam so take your time.
  • K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • janus512janus512 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    FYI, there is a pretty good audio book on Audible called Essential CISM. Seems to work well for the car or working out.
  • Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Followinscankloud said:
    b0Ris wrote: »

Yes 100%, Kelly's Course -

Go to Cybrary.it and Watch the Videos for CISM| CRISC| CISSP - First three to four Domains. The CRISC Video is just 5 Hours and it would cover the Risk Management domain in CISM and better prepare you when you take the exam, only RISK Domain has about 45 Questions on the test about 27% of the exam out of 150 questions.

The Final Preparation would be Either reading the CISM Review Manual $105 dollars and the Question Answers and Explanation Database that cost $185 dollars with 1000 questions. Take the exam on Practice Mode domain by domain after finishing all the videos. Read all four answer option explanation including the one that shown as the correct answer and the other three wrong answers to understand the concept and mindset of ISACA Measures of Global Best Practice.

Please search Techexams CISM area to see how others who have passed the test have shared their success stories. Join the ISACA Exam community hosted by ISACA.ORG.. All the best for you guys
    totally following this for my Exam prep minus CISSP portion. Test has been schedule for Feb ;)