Materials used;

Wendell Odom Cisco Book
CBT Nuggets Jeremy Cioara videos provided by WGU
1800 series router
Packet Tracer
GNS3
Chris Bryant Udemy course (luckily got it for $10) very very good courses
Ryan Beney on Youtube

I also found a few people on Twitter who are network engineers and general IT professionals.
@labeveryday
@pcsimplist
@iwizkid

I labbed everyday for about 2 months. You really need to create your own labs and try and troubleshoot the labs and understand how things work in the IOS in order to complete the labsims.

Thanks for the help guys!
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• Options
    Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats Boxer boy!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thank you!
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Any plans on doing ICND2 or based on your goals looks like you are going for CCNA Security?
  • Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA part 2 after I finish my scripting and programming class which I hope to finish in a week considering I've done some programming in the past (albeit not a lot and not anytime recently)