Passed VCP6-DCV Today

jamshid666jamshid666 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
Thanks to Stanly CC, I affordably earned my VCP today! Now comes the wait for it to show up on the VMware Certification website, and to start digging up training materials to start working towards the VCAP. And I convinced my son to sign up on the Stanly wait list, hopefully he gets into the May class before the prices increase.
WGU BS - Network Operations and Security Estimated completion: May 2019
Remaining courses: C846 (ITIL), C768 (OA), C850 (OA), C769 (Capstone)
Active Certifications: A+, CCDA, CCNA-R&S, CCNA-Security, CIW-SDA, i-Net+, Network+, Project+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV
Expired Certifications: CCNP, LPIC-1, MCSE, RHCSE,

Comments

• KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! We are happy to have been a small part of your success!
    jamshid666 wrote: »
    Thanks to Stanly CC, I affordably earned my VCP today! Now comes the wait for it to show up on the VMware Certification website, and to start digging up training materials to start working towards the VCAP. And I convinced my son to sign up on the Stanly wait list, hopefully he gets into the May class before the prices increase.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats - did you have to take 2 exams?

I've just started the Stanly course.
  • GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    HP_Guy wrote: »
    Congrats - did you have to take 2 exams?

I've just started the Stanly course.

Stanly CC posted regarding the certifications prices, certifications exam/attempts, and course price increase on this website.

I am sure all of your questions can be answered with a quick search my friend.
    GirlyGirl wrote: »
    Stanly CC posted regarding the certifications prices, certifications exam/attempts, and course price increase on this website.

I am sure all of your questions can be answered with a quick search my friend.

Yes, I saw Stanly's post, hence I jumped onto their course as soon as I could! And I am aware that you take the exam tied to the voucher that they give you at the end rather than booking yourself through VMware and then finding it was the wrong one (if the same exam!)

What I am getting at is that previously you took the ICM course and took the VCP exam and congrats you were VCP. Now I read on VMware that as well as these two requirements there is also a Foundations exam to take and pass and wondered if I had read this correctly and if the OP found this to be the case 'in real life.'
  • jamshid666jamshid666 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, I had to take two exams. The vSphere Foundations is an unproctored exam that you can take from home. The second exam is proctored and has to be taken at a testing center.
    Active Certifications: A+, CCDA, CCNA-R&S, CCNA-Security, CIW-SDA, i-Net+, Network+, Project+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV
    Note that once you finish the class from Stanly, you will get two separate vouchers for the two exams.
    Thanks for that - good news about the Foundations being unproctored and at home - now if only it was free!

Well done again.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    how much effort did you put?

how many days/ hours a day??

congrats I just purchased an Udemy course for the associate cert
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□

I just purchased an Udemy course for the associate cert

Pay attention: VCA6-DCV,NV etc are retired end changed with one universal: VMware Certified Associate - Digital Business Transformation (VCA-DBT)
    Which is a combined certification for VMWare 4 domains
    https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=103217&ui=www_cert#tab-requirements
    Free course from VMWare:
    https://vmwarelearningzone.vmware.com/oltpublish/site/program.do?dispatch=showCourseSession&id=cb9ca5fd-de3d-11e7-a6ac-0cc47a352510
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This thread is about a VCP, not the VCA. VCPs are unchanged.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    scott28tt wrote: »
    This thread is about a VCP, not the VCA. VCPs are unchanged.
    I know about VCP, boxerboy purchased course for Associate cert which I think is 99% for old VCA

how many days/ hours a day??

congrats I just purchased an Udemy course for the associate cert

To be honest, I couldn't say because I was studying for the VCP at the same time that I was taking classes with WGU and Study.com. Since I passed the VCP, and I put Study.com on hold, I'm only doing WGU now. I normally study 4-5 each night and 8-10 each day on the weekends. I also work with VMware on a daily basis at work, so I only had to focus my studies on those aspects of VMware that I don't do on a normal basis. I had been slacking about the VCP because of all of the other competing priorities. What forced me to focus on it was to actually schedule and pay for the test, so I really focused on it for the two weeks prior to taking it.