Options

Do you use full 120 mins for MS exams

azi90azi90 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wondering, I feel the allocated time for MS exams are a bit on extra side considering most of them are MCQs. Not complaining but wondering, do people actually use full 120 mins? How long did you take on average to finish your MS exams

Comments

• Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Since they increased the questions to 64 plus. I struggled both times to finish my exams, don't why they increased the questions without increasing the time given.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I always try to use it all up & flag questions along the way. I like to re-read through the exam if time permits to make sure I did make the right choices. I tend to not change answers, unless I was absolutely unsure.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I take as much time as I can. If I rush, I'm going to miss important information, but I have to keep an eye on the clock. I don't want to take too long.

I'm not one to go back much on my questions except to make sure I answered them all. I just don't trust my own self doubt enough to believe that reviewing my stuff isn't going to hurt me. This is a personal preference and I don't necessarily recommend it, it's just how I am.

When taking the exam I tend to read the answers once. Then I go and read the question and try to see which of the answers fits. I then read the question again and focus on trying to figure out what are they asking for. Then I go back to the answers and figure out which one fits best. Finally, I read the question one more time and check my answer.

There is a lot of stuff I take notes on and try to visualize when I take the test. I always as for as many dry erase sheets as they'll give me. Usually one ends up being a "I think I missed this one" sheet where I keep track of topics I was weak on in case I fail.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Options
    azi90azi90 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess when i got only 39 questions on my last 70-533 exam i though 120 mins for that was too long. I was done in an hour.
  • Options
    EagerDinosaurEagerDinosaur Member Posts: 114
    I always stay for the full duration. I usually try to finish my "first-pass" through the exam with about 30 minutes to spare, but I always spend any extra time checking and re-checking. I'd feel angry with myself if I left early and then failed the exam by a small margin. I find multiple checking passes useful, because some questions fill in gaps in my knowledge needed to answer other questions. I was only tempted to leave early once, because I was so depressed about how badly I was doing, but I actually passed that exam by a healthy margin.
  • Options
    RoberthRoberth Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used anything from 20 to 45 minutes on the exam, but I guess it kinda depends. I usually don't review stuff that I know for a fact I know because if I do I start second guessing and usually change my answer and fail the question.

I have problems with concentration so I usually try to get done before my mind wanders. Been working out so far.
  • Options
    djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Roberth wrote: »
    I've used anything from 20 to 45 minutes on the exam, but I guess it kinda depends. I usually don't review stuff that I know for a fact I know because if I do I start second guessing and usually change my answer and fail the question.

I have problems with concentration so I usually try to get done before my mind wanders. Been working out so far.

This is the same as me. If I start changing answers it puts me off and makes me think that I'm wrong with all answer. I always go with my gut feeling unless I am 110% sure the answer is wrong.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • Options
    metaloadermetaloader Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I usually have around 30-45 minutes left, as already mentioned if I review my answers I start to second guessing.