Starting the WGU BS Cloud and System Administration

Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
My term starts 4-1-18, I have been on the fence on starting WGU since April of last year. I decided to finally pull the trigger and finish my degree. I was able to transfer in most Gen Ed classes and all my current certs. Unfortunately the A+ and Network+ are expired and will not transfer in. I am hoping to finish within two terms, but ideally I am looking at three terms. Hopefully with my very lenient work schedule I can dedicate a lot of time to studies over the first term. I will keep you guys updated as I make my progress.

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck in the program and keep us posted on your progress!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck in the program and keep us posted on your progress!! icon_thumright.gif
    +1!

Looking forward to hearing how your journey goes.
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Completed IT Foundations C393
    Next scheduled exam is for Network and Security - Foundations – C172 - Objective Exam scheduled for 5/12
    Working through College Algebra – C278 - Hoping to this week to finish. Then study for the Objective Exam for a week.

For some reason my mentor didn't schedule IT Applications – C394 for this term. Hopefully after I knock out my last class I can just pop this into this term and knock it out. My goal is to get a minimum of 20CU's this term.

Edit: How long does it take to get credit for the exam?
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Finished my first term on 9/30 completing only 13CU's. I was disappointed with my progress but had a lot of variables that didn't allow me to fully study as I had planned. Started 2nd term on 10/1 and as of today completed 11CU's. Hopefully I pass my last task for Scripting and Automation – C916, which will knock it up to 13CU's for this term. I am hoping to hit a minimum of 25CU's this term which is basically another 3-4 classes. Which does not seem so unreasonable given the amount of time left in the term. Hopefully I can hit that goal and save at least one term in the future.
  • devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Rosco2382 wrote: »
    Finished my first term on 9/30 completing only 13CU's. I was disappointed with my progress but had a lot of variables that didn't allow me to fully study as I had planned. Started 2nd term on 10/1 and as of today completed 11CU's. Hopefully I pass my last task for Scripting and Automation – C916, which will knock it up to 13CU's for this term. I am hoping to hit a minimum of 25CU's this term which is basically another 3-4 classes. Which does not seem so unreasonable given the amount of time left in the term. Hopefully I can hit that goal and save at least one term in the future.
    Good luck.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I almost signed up for this particular bachelors degree at wgu, but they are not transferring 28 hrs - so I decided against it.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +