Options

Arcitura Cloud Certified Professional (CCP)

freedom777freedom777 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Are the CCP certifications from Arcitura worthy to pursue? How do they compare to the other cloud certifications such as ISC2 CCSP and AWS? I searched this forum and did not find much information of anyone who's achieved the certification.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I want to think I’m fairly up to speed on cert offerings but I’ve never heard of these guys. The fact that you couldn't find anything here paired with zero hits nationwide on Indeed doesn’t inspire too much confidence.
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got that cert from Arcitura (CCP) simply to renew my Cloud+ cert.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    So what's the feedback?
  • Options
    You got to take two exams to get the cert. It was not that bad from what I remember, but I did not like the fact that you got to take two exams and pay twice.
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    Here is an article I found while searching for info...

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/insights/articles/the-in-demand-careers-and-certifications-in-cloud-computing-1703.html

I'm currently studying for the ISC2 CCSP exam and will pursue AWS afterwards.
  • Options
    @bjpeter...How long did it take you to study for the exams? and did you purchase their self study material to prepare? Do you find it a valuable cert to have on your resume?
  • Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would go after another cert that is more known if i was you.
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    freedom777 wrote: »
    @bjpeter...How long did it take you to study for the exams? and did you purchase their self study material to prepare? Do you find it a valuable cert to have on your resume?

I forgot how long it took me to study. Maybe a month. I bought their self-study textbook, but it was basically a rehash of everything I learned when I was studying for the Cloud+ exam.

I took the cert because it was a quick way to renew my Cloud+ cert. I think the cert will be useful if you did not have any other certs listed on your resume. It is a good starting point.

Note that the Arcitura Cloud Certified Professional (CCP) cert is no longer listed on the page of IT certs that will renew Cloud+.