Options

MSIS vs MSISA?

LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello TechExams,I have the opportunity to choose between two programs for a Master's Degree. The reason I want to do this is primarily because my employer pays $5000/year for it.On the one hand I have the chance to do Auburn's online Master of Science in Information Systems for roughly 875/Credit hour. The program is 30/Credit hours total.On the other hand I have the WGU MS Cybersecurity and Information Assurance for way about 6-7K/Year.Which one would you choose and why? I currently have an MBA from WGU, so i'm looking for a good compliment to this.Thanks!
In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Auburn University sounds a lot better than WGU imo... I thought the only reason people do WGU is because it is fast and cheap. Would depend on how much that those factors mean to you. People with a lot of high level experience, the name of the college probably doesn't mean a whole compared to someone early in their career. Definitely just my opinion though and sure others might disagree.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Let’s see here...so you have an MBA, are you working in IT or Security already? Having two masters degrees honestly isn’t going to provide a ton of return...it’s not like you double the return of when you got the MBA. Can you use the funds to get certifications or training from SANS? If you can, that path makes much more sense and actually would provide a solid return or open some doors at least.
  • Options
    LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bump for more replies
    In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems
  • Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hola,

What do you want to do with this education ? If you want to progress a security career I would definitely pursue certifications if your boss would let you. In my opinion A MBA with one or all of these CISSP,CISM, CISA or a SANS cert would put you in the same position as a MSIS.
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig