Did anyone use CertBlaster for 401?

mmcabemmcabe Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Work paid for one more practice test suite, so I went with CertBlaster. Not sure it was the right choice...some of the concepts in my assessment weren't mentioned at all in Gibson (e.g., reciprocal backup agreements).

Has anyone used this software? The questions are really confusing, which is good :). The simulations were excellent, in that I actually had to do things like modify an SSID and place security devices in different areas of a network. However, I don't want to get sidetracked by material that isn't covered.

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Never heard of Certblaster until I went & checked it out. It appears to be a safe training site & not a **** site according to certguard.com (which is a good thing).
    icon_cheers.gif
    I watched Professor Messer's videos & his monthly "live" Sec+ training on YouTube...Also bought his $10 notes (which were great)
    I read 2 different books (Sybex & CompTIA practice questions book)
    Lastly, I used CertMaster questions bank due to it coming with the CompTIA package (test voucher, certmaster, test retake voucher).
    I didn't find out about the Gibson book until after I took and passed the test. Heard it was a great one though!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • mmcabemmcabe Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, shochan. I'm afraid I had CertMaster on the brain when I ordered the CertBlaster :). However, I have the CertMaster bank because I also ordered that package.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Practice exams sometimes include out of scope material, I think just so it's not too close to the actual test. I've found this consistently with them and expect it's normal to see this kind of thing whichever vendor you go with
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE