Options

Aiming to pass SY0-401 before it expires

gilesitisgilesitis Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Since I've spent the past year (off and on) studying for the 401 version of Sec+, the deadline is nearing to take this test. I've tenatively scheduled it for the month of May.

I've read Darril Gibon's book and will be purchasing his online content.

I've also been through the CBT nugget course and have been taking the Transcender practice exams. I haven't seen much info on Transcender. Does anyone think this is a good study test?

Also has anyone used Gibson's iOS app? It's $7.99 on app store and wanted to see if that's worth it since I'm buying the online content.

Thanks in advance for any advice or feedback on these resources!

Comments

• Options
    twolefteyestwolefteyes Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the app but for play store it is an okay study tool. I like the flash cards and the practice tests. The only thing is i wish the mock test is longer.
    Certifications:
    [x]A+
    [x]Net+
    [x]Sec+
    [x]Linux+
    [x]CCNP R/S
    [?] Whats next?
  • Options
    The two most popular practice tests you will see mentioned here are Transcender and MeasureUp. I would recommend using one of the two a few weeks before your test. Also review the CompTIA exam objectives to make sure you know what to expect.

https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-security-sy0-401.pdf

That's good to know. I have access to Transcender with the CBT nuggets.

I figured Darril Gibson's practice tests would be the most popular though.
  • Options
    I used the app but for play store it is an okay study tool. I like the flash cards and the practice tests. The only thing is i wish the mock test is longer.

I went ahead and got it. Someone on reddit said it was close to what's on the test.
  • Options
    The two most popular practice tests you will see mentioned here are Transcender and MeasureUp. I would recommend using one of the two a few weeks before your test. Also review the CompTIA exam objectives to make sure you know what to expect.

https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-security-sy0-401.pdf

I was wondering... do you think getting Gibson's online pratice tests would be overkill since I already have Transcender and it is one of the best?
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Not overkill, but a great resource.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Not overkill, but a great resource.

True that. I don't think it's possible to be overprepared :)