Passed CySA+

MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
I sat the Cysa+ exam this morning. I passed. I didn't do as well as I expected to, but the end result was a pass. I will spend some time reviewing the material.

I recommend the LiveLessons course by Aamir Lakhan/Joseph Muniz. I also used a course on Udemy from Jason Dion.

Next up....CISSP? Maybe :D

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    I hope to join you in exactly 10 days. Did you do the Jason Dion exam at the end? I haven't yet, but will, and wonder how close or not the material is to the real thing. I also did the Lakhani/Muniz videos.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    Congrats!
    I hope to join you in exactly 10 days. Did you do the Jason Dion exam at the end? I haven't yet, but will, and wonder how close or not the material is to the real thing. I also did the Lakhani/Muniz videos.

Thanks! I did do the practice exam at the end. What I found interesting is a few of the questions (maybe 2 or 3), were the exact same questions that were on the exam. It made me wonder if his practice test was based on a brain ****? Not cool if it was, but idk, maybe he wrote those questions for Comptia

I just got my official email from Comptia. It seems I already owe them $50? I wasn't expecting that?
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, what book did you use?
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    impelse wrote: »
    Congrats, what book did you use?

I did not use a book, which is why I probably didn't do as well as I would have liked. My main resource was LiveLessons course by Aamir Lakhan/Joseph Muniz and work experience.
  • mohamed_sadatmohamed_sadat Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations was the videos enough ?
    While the videos were enough for me, I would recommend using additional resources. You may want to check this out, there is also a book from Sybex to go with it

https://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-CySA-Practice-Tests-CS0-001/dp/1119433207/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1536515386&sr=8-3&keywords=cysa%2B&dpID=51U1nRr5QxL&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch#customerReviews
  • xengorethxengoreth Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done!
    2018 Goals: CCNP R/S, VCP6-NV
  • JohnGrubJohnGrub Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations MitM.
    What is your background before taking this exam ? Where you a pentester (white hat) or network engineer, or developer, etc... I'm asking this to evaluate how your background helped you for passing that exam